About your role:
Some say you're punctilious, a beam of sunshine, a lifesaver - but at the core you just care about people. When hosting a dinner party, you have a detailed schedule to follow but are quick to improvise if things don't go as planned to ensure your guests enjoy themselves. You check your bills because you delight in finding mistakes. Fairness is a strong personal value. You dispute mischarges with the perfect balance of kindness and perseverance until they are resolved, even if it takes months. The adjustments that you make to your friends' book shelves and flower arrangements as you walk by are merely your way of making small improvements to the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing payroll for 350 employees, both across the U.S. (15 states) and internationally (Poland, Germany, UK, Spain, Singapore, Malaysia, etc). You will maintain a payroll policies and procedures guide for the organization, and prepare reports for management including informing the organization of legal changes. This role includes ensuring international payroll and regulatory compliance, keeping employee records up to date, providing payroll information to employees, and being available for questions and discussion. You will hire and mentor a payroll specialist, and manage the ADP relationship and software. You will own the execution of payroll and related compliance as a result of mergers and acquisitions. Together with with Fandom's Experience team you will implement best practices and integrate w/HR systems.
- +8 years of relevant work experience
- either a CPP Certification or equivalent, or Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or HR.
- a strong desire to build relationships across the company and lead/motivate people.
- knowledge of labor and payroll tax laws and regulations, and the ability to research answers
- an understanding of metrics and data-driven decision making
- the ability balance strategy with execution through organization and prioritization tasks
- a desire to drive positive change in your day-to-day function
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Cafeteria Benefit Program (including private medical care, gym membership, shopping/wellness bonus, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- Team lunches and events
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
AWS and Finance
10 days ago - source