Global Partnerships Manager, Disaster Response & Relief
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 100,000+ cities and 191+ countries and regions. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 40,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Global Partnerships Manager, Disaster Response & Relief is a critical role and function to the overall Disaster Response and Relief team within Team Human. This role leads special projects, manages partner relations, and is assigned to cross functional internal initiatives to either represent the team, lead the effort for the team, or coordinate the effort with other internal stakeholders. This role focuses on all things outside of active response. This role reports directly to the Global Causes Lead.
- Create and align strategic partnerships plan with priority markets pre-disaster and drive follow up after a response or recovery effort to strengthen relations where possible
- Lead/Manage partnership development and cultivation process (NGOs and government)
- Manage day to day partner relations with NGOs and government partners globally (currently a portfolio of 70+ agencies)
- Create and execute quarterly partner updates (for NGO partners)
- Main liaison for DRR team with internal public policy team to align efforts around partnership development
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current DRR events locally and internationally to plug in partners or notify cross-functional partners where relevant
- Identify possible organizations that are strong candidates for the Open Homes platform and recipients of travel credit or cash contributions
DRR Special Projects Lead
- Project manager and main liaison supporting cross functional initiatives and projects
- Coordinate with other teams on host related programs around disaster response. i.e host recruitment, education, disaster page content, etc.
- Support DR Response Leads with partnerships support when needed and able in response (@direction of leader)
Examples: USCM event and follow on projects, Internal trainings and education project across teams (Comms, CMs, Mobilization, legal and tracking), preparedness projects & efforts with local campaigns teams and Red Cross (in partnership with community team)
Experience & Education required:
- 10+ years experience in non profit, private sector or government disaster or emergency management.
- UnderGraduate Degree in emergency management or Certified Emergency Manager preferred
- A robust, pre-existing network of contacts within the disaster/emergency and humanitarian space to leverage for thought leadership and feedback on program development
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining multi-faceted, global partnerships across nonprofits and government agencies
- Experience working cross-functionally with other teams, including product, policy and PR
- Experience working both in U.S. and Global disaster environments
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Passion for Airbnb and excellent knowledge of our product
- Excellent communication and business development skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability (our team is constantly dealing with changing variables both during and outside of disasters and not always able to explain as quickly as something needs to be completed)
- Understanding prioritization and sense of urgency with willingness to learn
- Ability to travel domestically and globally 25-50% of time
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
23 days ago - source