The University Hospitality Department provides catering to students, staff and external customers throughout the academic year and during the summer months. There are numerous outlets run by the Hospitality Department offering a range of food and drink options. You can find out more about our outlets here: http://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/where-to-eat-on-campus/
We have a vacancy for a General Porter. As a General Porter you will be responsible for delivering and receiving stock, setting up tables and furniture, maintaining excellent hygiene standards, operating dishwashers and carrying out daily cleaning of kitchen equipment, cutlery and crockery. The successful candidate should work well within a team and ideally have experience of working in a kitchen porter/general porter role. You will be experienced in providing outstanding customer service.
The role includes early morning, evening and weekend working on a 5 out of 7 days per week contract (36.5 hours per week). This is a term Time Only position, you will be expected to work 40 weeks and have 12 weeks off (2 weeks in Easter, 1 week in Easter and 9 weeks in July and August). You may be asked (not compulsory) to work extra days to cover special events such as open Days, Graduation, etc. Your pay will pro-rata and will be the same throughout the 12 months of the year.
Here is just some of the benefits of working with us
- A competitive rate of pay
- A generous pension scheme
- A 36.5 hour week and no split shifts
- Regular awards for shining stars, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks
- Great staff social events
- A staff suggestion scheme, with the chance to share your ideas and earn a £20 voucher
- The chance to develop, with many training courses and job shadowing opportunities
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and childcare vouchers.