General Manager Airbnb Host Service (AHS) - L12
Host Management COmpany (HMC) provides homeowner with is a range of services to fully or partially delegate the management of their listings on Airbnb. Historically, numerous digital start ups have been launched in all part of the world to fulfil that growing demand.
Host Management Services are a key strategic lever for Airbnb’s core Homes business to execute on its two strategic levers for growing the business - Homes Quality and Homes Growth. Airbnb HMC strategy will be to both grow its own HMC and to organise the broader 3rd HMC ecosystem around its platform.
To develop its own HMC, Airbnb has recently acquired Luckey Home, a France based HMC. The AHS General Manager will be directly responsible to build and grow Airbnb Host services organically or through acquisitions this operation into a global HMC service providing all services to all Airbnb homeowners around the world.
In parallel, the GM will develop the program and tools to increase its share of wallet of the ecosystem of external HMC.
HMCs will enhance the quality of experience on both the Host and the guest side of the airbnb marketplace.
The role based is in EU (UK/FR) or US. It will require infrequent travel to US/World
- Define strategy and plan for the expansion of AHS our 1st party HMC operation into a worldwide operation
- Develop Airbnb’s HMC strategy and partner with the corp dev team to identify companies to onboard on our platform to build a comprehensive network of HMC coverage in key geographies.
- Execute and manage day to day operation of AHS across Geographies, including the management of already acquired of Luckey Home (1st Party HMC)
- Define and manage Airbnb Certified Partner program, the program to incentivise external HMC to work more closely with Airbnb
- Lead the process of successfully integrating the HMC teams’ product and operations with existing Airbnb teams such as Airbnb Plus and Pro-host team.
- Facilitate the assessment of the integration impact on the Tech stack and partner with relevant stakeholders to prioritize the integration on Homes roadmap
- Drive and execute on the roadmap to provide cutting edge technology for HMCs (Guest management and tasker management services)
- Lead all on the ground operations for the HMC teams. Manage team of international leaders and operators
- Own P&L of HMC
- Strategic thinking and agility. Ability to translate strategy into operational plans
- Strong operational execution capability
- Regional or global scaling experience
- Management and building a high performing organisation across diverse geographies
- Ability to leverage technology and constant process improvements to gain efficiency and scale
- Ability to build trust and influence multiple stakeholders and work in matrix organisation
- Strong operational and commercial skills will be an asset. Ability to understand how to enhance the overall experience for both hosts and guests and define standards and playbooks for HMCs on the airbnb platform
- 15+ year experience, MsC/MBA, Consulting or entrepreneurial background a plus
- Strong operational background in a technology enabled company is a must, travel/hospitality expertise not necessary
- Experience in developing and running a network of both 1st party and 3rd party contractors, in a labor intensive industry
- Have scaled and run operations in a country or a region or globally
Worldwide Sales Operations
10 days ago - source