In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of our players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Game Engineer you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead by example and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of exemplary engineering.
The mission of the New Content & Distribution team is to empower League of Legends players to truly own their game experience.
NCD is a multidisciplinary team and we are looking for passionate people to level-up our org. Our crew is made up of artists, designers, engineers, product managers, delivery managers, QA analysts, and data scientists. Our tech spans from 2D/3D artist tools and game engine development, to UI and microservices that scale to handle hundreds of millions of players around the world.
Game Engineers will create new ways for players to personalize their in-game experience in collaboration with artists, designers, production, and backend engineers. We want developers that have deep C++ or game engineering knowledge and that are also able to collaborate with microservice and web engineers to deliver end to end features that perform well and scale worldwide.
As a Game Engineer, you’ll contribute in one or more of the following key areas:
- Create tools to empower content creators
- Implement game-side features
- Collaborate with full stack engineers to create end-to-end features
- Enhance our data pipeline to increase our ability to scale content
- Implement the next ultimate and legendary skins
- Develop UI on the League Client
- Improve visibility into how players are interacting with the game
In time, you'll provide mentorship to other engineers, create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to provide support and maintain high availability for our products and services.
But That’s Not All...
Hey, this is a game company and we take play seriously. As a Rioter, you’ll get to participate in many fun activities, including: team games, playtests, hackathons, presentations from experts within the company and invited speakers, company events, afternoon snack time, coffee at the Bilgewater Cafe and more.
We look for engineers that have experienced what it’s like to ship a game or have written key game features. Ideally, you will have also built tools for artists to bring creativity to life and/or have worked with outsourced teams. Domain expertise in C++ and strong CS fundamentals is key. Familiarity with DirectX, OpenGL and UI development is also preferred.
- Player focused. Players are the reason we get to do what we do, so every one of us at Riot is a player advocate, promoter of player value and quick to address player concern.
- Passionate about learning. You strive to be your best and you value environments that foster creativity, growth and personal excellence.
- Community minded. You embrace your role in the community. You aim to connect players of all backgrounds across the globe through their shared passion for games.
- Agile. You live and breathe continuous delivery and continuous improvement. You are fluent in agile development and sprint rituals, skilled in sizing, prioritizing and delivering on user stories.
- Communicative. Communication is key to our success. You are someone who seeks to clarify goals and expectations. You hit meetings on time, stay on top of emails, team chat, and keep peers up-to-date. You encourage critical feedback and discussion.
- Technology driven. You are actively exploring new tech because you are genuinely motivated to learn and grow as an engineer. Thus, you will either have experience in some of this stuff, or you’ll be hungry to get experience in our stack, which is built on: C++, Java, Lua, Python, DirectX, OpenGL, in-house UI frameworks, backend microservices and more.
Riot Games is an equal opportunity employer
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Java, Lua, Python, C++, Engineering, and Software Engineering
3 days ago - source