Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
We are a team of Designer and Product professionals who have effective relationships with many satisfied customers. We are committed to understanding the FinTech sector and improving payment processes for SMB’s.
We are passionate about building solutions that solve real customer needs.
Do you believe in collective vs individual genius and are you ready to be part of a team aspiring to collectively do great things?
We are looking for a Senior User-Experience Designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research (interviews, surveys, personas) before translating these valuable insights into UX deliverables (flows, site maps, wireframes, use cases, experience and journey maps) that are then brought to life through prototypes.
You will then test the usefulness, usability and desirability of these ideas with existing and new customers to iterate and improve on the experiences. In performing this role, you will naturally influence and design the overall functionality of our product and iterate upon it to ensure an exceptional user experience.
If you feel ready to make a dent in the universe, change an industry, and help African entrepreneurs and beyond, then this is for you.
- In conjunction with the product and design teams, identify concepts for new enhancements, new features, new user experiences and differentiation and distinction to existing products
- Help us craft usable experiences through your research (both market and user), competitor-analysis and the creation of service design tools (such as personas) where necessary and appropriate
- Translate fuzzy concepts into clear direction through UX deliverables such as moodboards, sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Deliver experiences that are optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces, including phone, tablet, and web, and desktop
- Adopt (and champion) a user-centered design approach through rapidly testing and iterating on your concepts and designs
- Operate in cross-functional teams; including design, product, content, engineering and marketing in a collaborative effort to share and implement research and user experience insights
- Encourage and promote UX and design thinking within the teams that you work with
- 5+ years of UX design experience - designing complex solutions for complete digital environments preferable.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval as well as understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the needs of our customers
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Ability to ask and answer, meaningful and impactful questions, be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Great time management abilities, able to prioritise and start and finish projects without external guidance
What we offer
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organization; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.