Location: Hollywood, California
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $110k - $160K Per Year
If you are looking for a traditional conservative corporate position, please skip this opportunity. We are seeking fun and creative individuals to push the technical envelop of what can be achieved while working for an emerging lifestyle brand that incorporates pop culture, provocative liberal arts and creative media. We are a progressive forward-thinking company focused on female empowerment!We offer an exceptional compensation package consisting of a base salary of $110-160K, BCBS Platinum Healthcare, Vision and Dental along with a 401K plan with corporate matching and PTO.
Paragon Technology and Development, Inc. is presently seeking an adept technician, one who possesses a profound methodological foundation. Beyond the “what’s” and “how’s”, they should know the “whys” of Software Engineering. This depth allows them sometimes to break a surface rule, while adhering to a more fundamental methodological principle.
Lead Developer Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership and recruitment ownership for a new in-house development team to build and maintainmultiple different projects. Currently 1 current project in maintenance and 1 new project indevelopment.
- Architectural ownership for upcoming projects.
- Working on both front and back end technologies (full stack development).
- Receive prioritized features from the project owner and act as a scrum master to run weekly sprintcycle meetings with your dev team.
- Utilize a one-page project manager (OPPM) to show development progress (can be learned onthe job)
Lead Developer Requirements & Qualifications
- 5+ years equivalent software development experience in the following technologies:
- Laravell (or equivalent experience in similar MVC frameworks)
- Apiato (or equivalent experience in API frameworks)
- HTML5 + CSS3 (enough experience to replicate wireframes)
- jQuery (enough experience to add/edit jQuery functionality)
- PHPUnit (or equivalent experience in TDD)
- SQL databases (MySQL)
- Good understanding of:
- AWS deployment and configuration
- Kubernetes containers
- Scaling servers based on traffic
- REST API integration
- Agile software development
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Management Process
- Must be open to expanding into new technologies such as (bonus if you already know):
- Angular (v2+)
- Socket.io (or equivalent)
- JWT (or equivalent)
- Knowledge in running sprint cycles as a scrum master.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Additional Qualifications & Skills Needed
IDE. Lead developer expertise allows them to write custom macros to optimize the workflow.API. Lead developer has written libraries to add more functionality or to automate the most frequent processes without having to write code for them.
Frameworks. Lead developer has enough knowledge to build their own custom framework.Database development. Lead developer is well-versed in database administration, performance, and index optimization. Usually, they do the delicate work of composing advanced select queries. Since leads know a given database structure from the inside, they are familiar with the DB maintenance features, in particular, DB mirroring and DB replication. These are the methods of transferring data from a primary to a secondary database. Leads understand the two-phase commit algorithm (2PC) applied for coordinating a distributed transaction (commit/abort). They can replace slow cursor-based operations with much more efficient JOIN statements, where possible.
Programming languages. Besides functional programming and OOP, they can work with various programming languages including strongly typed languages.Platforms & tools. Have had professional experience with more than 3 platforms. They are already creating debuggers or other tools necessary to enhance the platform. Lead developers are the source advice on platform internals.
Day-to-day duties. The multifaceted responsibilities expand far beyond coding. Lead developer will brainstorm the right technological solutions to complex problems. They take charge of the team, coordinating its workflow to consistently produce business value.Independent work. Lead developer is the one providing guidance.
Lead developers put the team first and are always trying to figure out what they can do to help the members. They have good soft skills while balancing between the client and the team.Vision. Lead developers see the final goal — the problems that the finished application must solve. A long-term vision is a crucial point in bringing value to the end-user.
About Paragon Technology and Development
We firmly believe our success stems from the desire to empower our teammates to believe anything is possible and deliver exceptional results. As Steve Jobs once said, “...while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” Today Paragon Technology and Development, Inc. is responsible for managing, maintaining and expanding one of the fastest emerging lifestyle brands in the world. We have achieved record growth in our initial 5-years of business and are looking for dedicated, self-motivated and creative individuals to take us to the next level.
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.