- Creatively decorate all cakes, tarts, pastries, and special order items.
- Assist with the production of all mandatory bakery products (i.e. parfaits, bars, cupcakes, etc.).
- Produce in-house products to daily par levels, as specified on the production sheets.
- Complete production and spoilage records; adjust production sheets to maintain sufficient product.
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price bakery products for sale.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product.
- Provide outstanding customer service; ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion.
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to follow a production schedule and prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow a recipe
- Cake decorating skills (ability to make flowers, decorative borders, and knowledge of elegant piping techniques)
- Basic math skills necessary for recipe conversions and/or modifications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- Cake Decorating
- Pastry Production
- Team Oriented
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
21 days ago - source