At Medium, we’re building a platform that gives people a place to share their stories and ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user experience. We built the best editor on the web using the cutting-edge technologies available at the time, and we’re now creating a stack for the future using modern tooling like React, Jest, and GraphQL.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of thoughtful interactions we’re known for.
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As a senior full stack engineer at Medium, you’ll architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
Who are you?
- You have 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience in programming and interacting with APIs.
- You enjoy being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
- You have some experience building single page web applications.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We’d particularly love it if
- You have experience with AWS(RDS, SQS, DynamoDB)
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- You have deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST, and HTTP
10 days ago - source