You’ll have an immediate and long-term impact on our product, and will have the opportunity to help build and maintain our design system.
You’ll work closely with our design and development team to solve interesting problems while continuing to foster our supportive culture of learning and collaboration. We believe empathy and respect are as important as technical skill, and we’re looking for candidates who share that philosophy.
You’ll also have the unique opportunity to work closely with some of the product’s end users: Our in-house marketing managers use the app extensively, and consistently provide crucial feedback that helps us improve.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role as TOMIS’ Front-End Developer you will be both evolving and exciting. This position will be as a member of the development team with potential growth into a senior management position.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
– Candidate must be located in Missoula, MT
– Minimum of 2 years of Front-end experience, including at least 1 year of React-specific experience
– Value code that’s easy to understand and maintain
– Comfortable writing simple, consistent, forward-thinking APIs
– Strong grasp on browser layout rules and modern CSS
– Strong UX/UI design sensibilities
– Unwavering attention to detail, especially when it comes to implementing designs
– Value user experience over developer experience
– Must work well and communicate effectively with a small team (we use the Scrum approach to the Agile methodology)
– Ability to effectively lead multiple projects at the same time and manage time and prioritized task management
– Ability to create and follow thorough documentation
– Interested in finding the best solutions and helping the team grow, rather than placing blame or making sure your own ideas are chosen
– Learn quickly and have a constant desire to improve
– Experience with Git
– Experience in a test-driven development
Degree or certificate in computer science or 2+ years full-time experience highly recommended.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
– Experience using Atlassian products such as JIRA, BitBucket, and Confluence
– Experience, understanding, and passion for the outdoor activity / tourism industry
– Professional UX/UI design experience
– Experience building effective data visualizations
– SEO/marketing experience (even more bonus points if you have marketing experience in the tourism industry)
– React Native experience
– Open source software contributions we can find online
– AI/ML experience
– Company has established true product-market-fit in an untapped industry with high-growth potential
– Office located in the heart of downtown Missoula
– Startup environment with ability to grow into senior management position
– The job is “seriously fun, even when it’s stressful, which I can’t say about previous companies I’ve worked for.” -Dev Ops Manager
– Powder-day ski policy, dog-friendly workplace
– Company Wellness Program
This position is located in beautiful Missoula, Montana. Missoula is a mid-sized, outdoorsy, and friendly community packed with great food, music, breweries, distilleries, and nightlife. You can float the Clark Fork river right to our downtown office, and we’re just minutes from endless mountains, lakes, trails, and skiing.
This position does require time spent regularly working in our office, but we’re flexible about also allowing remote work. We’re hiring extremely motivated people who want to build the best possible product, and who don’t need constant oversight or a rigid schedule. If you join our team and share our goals, we’ll respect your time and let you do great work because you want to, not because we told you to.
Applicants must submit the following materials to be considered:
– Cover Letter
– Link to LinkedIn profile
– Bonus: Include Public GIT Profile and/or Stack Overflow Developer Story
17 days ago - source