Front Desk Administrator
UK Defence Academy, SN6 8LA
Full time, 37 hours
£17,905 per annum plus benefits
The job opportunity:
To provide an efficient service for the Joint Services Command and Staff College main reception area for staff, students and visitors.
- Provide reception service promptly to the staff, staff, service personnel and visitors to the Joint Services Command & Staff College (JSCSC); available services/facilities, details and teaching wing location of courses held at the Staff College.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to requests of a wide-ranging nature from visitors, staff and students.
- Maintain mess accommodation system for 483 rooms using the PC based Agilysys system, ensuring programmed courses and non-programmed events are pre-booked as well as booking individual room requirements.
- Prepare Course Welcome Packs for students attending courses containing welcome booklet, room key, proximity pass, PIC and PIN numbers, and list of telephone extensions for full course.
- Prepare Visitor Envelopes containing welcome letter, room key, visitor proximity pass and meal vouchers.
- Liaison with ESS housekeeping team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Security on daily visitors to the JSCSC.
- Book visitors into accommodation and assist new arrivals with information.
- Maintain a key distribution system for all residential accommodation.
- Operate 2 x switchboards (manual and PC based), answering external incoming calls within 14 Seconds.
- Deal with complaints, recording them and passing to the Service Desk\appropriate manager.
- Facilitate the private use of the telephone system by staff and students, producing telephone reports via the Call Logger system.
- Maintain petty cash account, taking monies for telephone calls from visitors, casual overnight stays, towels, meal vouchers etc.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Methodical, organised and able to work under pressure.
- Adaptable, perseverant and discreet.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Must be of a helpful and friendly disposition.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a reception/switchboard role.
- PABX \Switchboard Experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
16 days ago - source