Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and special cleaning as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values
- Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
- Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
- Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
- Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
- Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
- Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
- Follows safety rules on the job.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to make sound judgments.
- Customer focused service skills
See activity checklist
Extensive walking and standing. Some lifting of up to 50 lbs. Operates potentially hazardous equipment such as mixers, ovens, steamers, meat slicer, fryers, char broilers and cleaning chemicals. Must comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
11 days ago - source