Incumbents in the Finishes Technician series install, maintain, and repair a diverse array of floor coverings and/or apply paint to walls, ceilings, and furniture. Incumbents work as a member of a team to complete tasks.
- Prepares surfaces for floor coverings installation. Removes current floor covering, including sweeping, scraping, sanding, or chipping of dirt and irregularities from base surfaces.
- Fills cracks and patches on uneven surfaces to form a smooth, clean foundation.
- Assists senior technicians by carrying, moving, and positioning materials, equipment, and tools.
- Prepares surfaces before painting: removes nails, washes area, scrapes, sands, applies putty, patches holes, applies mudding, tapes, etc.
- Hangs wallpaper and applies other decorative finish elements.
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Assists in work in other areas of the shop, such as painting, upholstery, and signage.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Skilled with various hand and power tools common to trade.
- Knowledge of different types of floor coverings and installation and repair techniques.
- Knowledge of repair process for walls and surfaces.
- Ability to select and apply paint.
- Knowledge of various types of painting and finishing materials and application techniques.
- Ability to take direction from supervisors.
Basic knowledge and understanding of building trades.
Apprentice will have to pass the Weisen Test of Mechanical Aptitude.
Journeyman will need to have a minimum of 4 years of directly related work experience.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded in the candidate profile
2. Cover Letter
Please do not upload your cover letter. You will be instructed to type or paste it during your application.
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
11 days ago - source