We are Sonatype, and we have assembled a world-class team of employees, investors, and partners. With over 120,000 installations and counting, Nexus products are helping modern development organizations intelligently source, manage, assemble, and maintain open source and third-party components, so they can improve the quality, security, and speed of their software supply chains.
The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for defining and leading a vertical go to market strategy for our federal practice. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in leading, planning and implementing strategic federal marketing programs. You will work cross functionally with sales leadership and product marketing to develop and execute an integrated marketing strategy that builds the brand and drives pipeline and revenue through online and event based programs.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Partner with the head of demand generation to define a vertical go to market strategy that propels the brand name, incorporates the voice of the customer, integrates with our partner ecosystem, and makes it easier for sales to engage with the right prospects at the right time.
- Work with sales management and regional directors to create quarterly federal plans that generate market awareness and drive leads for the federal practice
- Lead campaign efforts through earned, owned and paid media strategies that drive awareness and build pipeline
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop vertical specific solution messaging and content, based on an understanding of customer needs, market trends and the competitive landscape in alignment with our corporate strategy
- Work closely with marketing peers across the department to create needed campaign materials including landing pages, emails and automation that support campaign goals
- Serve as the go-to-resource for the federal practice. Prepare regular communications to sales directors to ensure proper campaign alignment and execution.
- Collaborate with industry partners to define go-to-market plans and co-marketing programs
- Identify, plan and execute memorable in person event experiences that align to business goals and objectives
- Evaluate and analyze marketing programs and sales pipeline to effectively make decisions on programs that drive the most impact
- Manage the federal marketing budget to ensure the spend is properly allocated across each area of the federal practice including DoD, Civilian and Intel.
Who you are....
- 4- 7 years experience in federal field marketing. Proven track record executing effective marketing campaigns that drive sales pipeline.
- Understanding and confidence with federal marketing tactics - experience working with federal specific vendors, communities and agencies
- Education. BS/BA degree; marketing or equivalent related degree preferred
- Experience working with marketing automation technology, preferably Hubspot. Comfortable with marketing tools and technologies that enable businesses to scale lead generation efforts.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM systems, preferably Salesforce.com. Capable of interacting with data in CRM systems to analyze campaign effectiveness.
- History of partnering directly with field sales to achieve shared objectives.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and deadline driven.
- Thrives on fast pace working environment, enjoys environments where no 2 days are the same.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Visionary with ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Customer service oriented in engaging and supporting the sales team.
- Motivated to learn and grow with a fast-paced company primed to do big things.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.