Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs.
The Infrastructure team builds leverage for Airbnb employees through technology. We provide developer infrastructure, data infrastructure, IT infrastructure, production infrastructure, and more. The Infrastructure Design Team is growing, and we’re looking for a seasoned and passionate Experience Design Lead to help shape and define our Developer and Security experiences. This role will streamline critical workflows, interfaces, and patterns used by many Airbnb employees.
- Support Developer and Security Experience design needs.
- Collaborate closely with user research, project management, engineering and data science to ensure the right questions are being asked and the right problems are being solved in an impactful way.
- Bring a service design mentality that enables successful advocacy of developer and security customer needs.
- Up-level the impact of design on Airbnb’s Infrastructure team.
- Evolve Airbnb’s Internal Tools design system to meet the needs of your domains.
- Advise other teams how to leverage your system contributions.
- Advocate for the enterprise design domain at Airbnb.
- Advocate for Airbnb’s enterprise design brand in the community.
- Educate other designers about your problem spaces.
- Mentor other designers and advocate for collaboration.
- The domain knowledge and empathy that comes from having been a developer or are currently working as a design/developer hybrid.
- 9+ years industry experience in product design.
- 4+ years of experience designing enterprise tools for developers.
- An interest in or experience designing for security tools.
- Very strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to question, help shape, and guide product strategies.
- Comfort with ambiguity, multi-tasking, and context switching.
- Excellent user experience, interaction, service, system, and visual design skills.
23 days ago - source