Join us in London as Exotic Trade Review Supervisor
- This broad role in NatWest Markets Finance is an opportunity to manage, coach and develop a team of transaction control professionals
- You'll have a platform from which to develop a holistic view of our risk, and will be empowered to make strategic, wide ranging decisions to mitigate it
- You can expect valuable exposure, with the chance to interact with a range of senior managing directors, and to build your network across the bank
- The role is available at Associate level
What you'll do
You'll be leading a small, risk focused team of professionals in controlling trading of exotic, structured products, covering a number of NatWest Markets desks. With your team you'll make sure that structured product trades follow the appropriate governance, investigating cases where traded products exist outside NatWest Markets' product taxonomy, and demonstrating to regulators control over the products we trade.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Identifying opportunities to make improvements, and leading projects and process improvement initiatives
- Continually reviewing and challenging the team’s outputs
- Facilitating new business approvals, including interacting with front office and other finance teams involved in sign offs
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who has a confirmations background and is familiar with the documentation involved, with experience of derivative products or of the common types of products that we trade, such as bonds, FX and loans. Experience in a supervisory role would be ideal, either formally assigned in role or as part of leading a project or process. Strong numeracy will also be important, with a degree in a discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Technology or Accountancy preferred.
We'll also expect:
- A full and working knowledge of financial control concepts
- A self starter approach
- Strong Excel Skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
7 days ago - source