Information on the company
This company provide professional development services for primary care practitioners and healthcare professionals by delivering courses which are accessible, informative and interactive. The courses delivered are run by specialists in their field informing attendees on the latest techniques in diagnosis and treatment of generic and specific conditions.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business as an Events Co-ordinator to assist the Business Development Manager in advertising, planning, promoting and hosting events. This is an excellent entry level job for a recent graduate looking to gain commercial experience in Event Management or for those who have some experience already and want to know build upon this.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
- Liaise with speakers confirming information, collecting event synopsis and confirming final details.
- Delivering the timescales in the event pathway.
- Create event courses on Salesforce.
- Advertise event courses on the company website and social media channels.
- Preparing attendee lists and assembling marketing material for each event.
- Taking bookings.
- Answering attendee enquiries.
- Booking and liaising with venues.
- Reviewing and evaluating event feedback.
- Prepare and update competitive analysis.
- Record number of attendees and revenue achieved.
- Telemarketing campaigns with the Database Researcher.
- Manage the mailing schedule.
- Identify new advertising channels for events.
- Identify topics for new courses.
What are the ideal candidate’s skills, experience and personality?
- Educated to degree level.
- Prior experience or education relating to Event Management is a bonus.
- An adaptable personality is important as Event Management often throws up some surprises.
- A highly organised individual able to prioritise workload as required.
- A clear, concise and confident communicator with great telephone manner.
- Strong written English is required for some of the communications content.
- Someone who enjoys working in a team environment towards a common goal and having some fun along the way.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Medical cover and competitive pension scheme.
- A social team with a real ‘family environment’.