Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Esports Communications Lead, Europe Esports, you will help build positioning and strategy for launches and initiatives that resonate with European players, fans, business partners and other key esports audiences. You'll partner with key comms and brand stakeholders across Riot Games to build narrative around our leagues, teams and professional players. You'll ensure that esports messaging extends across all earned and owned channels and done so in an authentic, player-focused way -- because you're a player, and a fan, too.
- A natural communicator: with at least 10+ years as a communications pro, you're adept at communicating through multiple mediums and able to land nuanced messaging. You know how to craft and deliver a compelling narrative to passionate and critical fans
- A craft expert: Communications is your craft and you are constantly looking for ways to develop yourself and your team. You look for inspiration across industries and know what good looks like when it comes to innovative PR, social media and corporate comms actions. You know the sports, esports and gaming media climate, and have prowess in navigating events and issues that draw significant media attention
- An enthusiastic coach: You’ve managed world class teams and know how to inspire people to great results. Whether leading the charge or supporting a broader initiative you know how to help teams raise their game.
- A meticulous strategist: The challenges of communicating for an internationally broadcasted, European esports league are global in scope; you’re culturally-aware and player-focused in how you approach campaigns and thought leadership initiatives that have global impact.
- A Gamer: Games are your passion. You’ve been a gamer since the beginning and are excited to dive headfirst into helping build a world class game into a world class sport.
- A sports enthusiast: You're a fan of many sports yourself and also part of the esports community. You understand the complexity of league operations and the importance of maintaining a close relationship with your most passionate fans.
- A player advocate: you're the first to put your hand up when our actions don't match our words; you're ready with questions and recommendations to make our esports experience awesome for fans
- Position European League of Legends Esports to grow into a premier global esports league - You will lead the European esports communications strategy, partnering with our local office teams and the central comms team. You will ensure that our messaging elevates player perception of our esports leagues and build trust in our capabilities as a league operator.
- Inspire pride in fans - You will evaluate our current european esports communications, identify opportunities to join the conversation with players, and develop programs that spark communication. Your insights and ability to connect with fans will help us build advocacy and passion around our sport.
- Manage agency partner relationships - You will lead the charge to find the best roster of partners that can help enhance our internal capabilities and achieve our ambitious goals.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.