Want to be a part of history and help make the world a little bit safer? Join us at BGCAPP (Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant) where we will design, build, systemize, test, operate and close the plant whose mission is the safe and environmentally sound destruction of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) in Richmond, KY. The 15,000 acre depot stores mustard and nerve agent in rockets and projectiles. Our design concept for the pilot plant maximizes the use of existing technology from other successful chemical demilitarization facilities and well as First of a Kind (FOAK) technology. Parsons is currently seeking an Environmental Coordinator
This position provides administrative support to the EDT Environmental Engineer and Environmental Permitting Manager. The Explosive Detonation Technology (EDT) has been selected for the destruction of mustard-filled munitions stockpiled at the Blue Grass Army Depot. The EDT requires environmental permitting of the new technology and facility under a department of Defense contract by the Bechtel Parsons Blue Grass Team.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
Organize and maintain the EDT permitting records. Examples of these records include:
- Draft permit applications,
- Permit applications submitted to the Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection,
- Permit modifications,
- Compliance schedule submittals,
- Permit related correspondence,
- Environmental submittals required by permits and the BGCAPP Contract.
- Monitor all EDT follow-up actions required by EDT Permitting Engineer, Permitting Manager and Environmental Manager
- Compose routine correspondence, gather data for special studies or investigations, and coordinate activities
- Participate in and support EDT records turnover activities
- Ensure electronic files for EDT environmental permits are maintained to include applications, approved permits, notices of deficiency, letters to interested parties, announcements of public meetings, presentations, decisions by regulatory agencies, mailing lists of interested parties for permitting actions, etc.
- Coordinate EDT public permitting meeting arrangements, to include facilities, equipment, video and conference calling services and catering services. Set up, manage and maintain attendance rosters and assist in the preparation of hand-outs and presentation materials
- Process EDT documents and information packages through project-specific security screening
- Organize and ensure EDT environmental documents and information are properly maintained
- Manage the submittal of EDT environmental documents to document control.
- Extracts data and assembles information for technical analysis. May make routine calculations for various reports as directed
- Retrieve EDT related photographs and process for Operational Security concerns prior to releasing outside the project.
- Compile and submit EDT quality metrics, customer metrics and monthly progress data for consolidation in Environmental Department metrics and reports.
- Provide EDT data entry into specific databases and maintenance of documentation for several initiatives and generation of associated reports and graphics
- Make recommendations for work process improvements, procedures, and practices
- Prepare Power Point slide presentations for EDT environmental engineer and others in the Environmental Department
- Monitor and provide input to the EDT and environmental department schedules and support environmental inputs into the project Integrated Master Schedule.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related experience; or at least an Associates Degree in a related business field. :
- Able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and basic proficiency using Access.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax.
Special Job Requirements:
BGCAPP is subject to the Army Regulations (AR 50-6 Chemical Surety and AR 190-59 Chemical Agent Security Program) which govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and Unescorted Access Program (UAP). Depending on the work performed and the access granted a government security investigation and other physical requirements may be mandated. Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship and the ability to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Local Credit Check. (NACLC).
BGCAPP is a Drug Free Workplace. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment.
This position may also require use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and personnel must pass a respirator fit test and pulmonary function test.
Lifting/Carrying: Occasionally, up to 50 lbs. Climbing: Occasionally. Bending/Kneeling: Occasionally. Sitting: Infrequent. Walking/Standing: Frequently. Hearing: Able to hear audible alarms. Vision: Able to see/read/understand warning lights/signs.
Ability to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) site access is required. Access requirements include completion of a local records check and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) check.
BGCAPP operates on a 24/7 schedule including weekends and holidays. Ability to work a flexible schedule may be required._
Ready for action? Were looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and dont hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.