Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our engineering team. That’s where you come in.
Engineering at Pantheon operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack -- and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We’ve got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Pantheon platform at scale. You’ll have many opportunities to pick up and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, React, Node.js, Python, Golang, C, Chef, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, and more.
You are an engineering leader and managing a small team is in your comfort zone (mentorship and communication come naturally to you). You value a nurturing a collaborative environment where your team can do their best work. While you are highly technical your primary focus will be on team execution and development in order to solve problems that process/leadership can solve.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Continuously raising the bar for engineering quality, helping to ensure that “we all have the right to do our best work” and exercise that right daily
- Taking a ‘the buck stops here’ approach to driving world-class reliability
- Be an advocate for engineering while working with other teams, such as product management, in order to deliver on our business goals
- Engage your senior individual contributors to identify and scope platform-wide projects
- Leading and managing a team, focusing on mentoring and career/personal growth
- Improving visibility into how distributed services interact and scale in production
- Triaging bugs and inconsistencies in platform services
- Staying on top and improving the on-call rotation
What You Bring To The Table
- Strong knowledge and experience developing cloud-hosted software services
- Working knowledge of how large scale, high traffic services scale in the real world
- You have experience building systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt
- You are interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others.
- 3+ years of management experience with direct reports
Bonus Points For
- Experience supporting products where users expect 100% uptime
- Git Fu
- Experience with remote teams
- A strong distaste for single points of failure and heartfelt love of automation
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m) - per VentureBeat <link>
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd <link>
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2018 <link>
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) <link>
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Git, MySQL, D, Google Cloud, Docker, Go, Cassandra, Redis, Chef, Python, React, C, Node.js, and Engineering
13 days ago - source