Hastings Direct, Document Management Centre Claims Co-ordinator
We are looking for a Claims Co-ordinator to join our: Customer Claims Department, based in our Bexhill office. Responsible for effectively managing the administration of new incoming Third party Claims, business complaints, all claims supplier payments and all incoming business correspondents.
Must be available to start on the 8th July
- To effectively manage the administration of all incoming documents, administer claim files
- To support Claims Handlers in the smooth allocation of claims (as directed)
- To contribute to operational performance through meeting deadlines and working to service levels as directed
- To maintain administration duties, including but not limited to – printing, photocopying, e-mailing, filing, claims processing, allocation of post and diary
- To create claims and effectively manage the journey for Third Parties.
- To complete tasks for retail members of staff, with a very high volume in a short period of time.
- To manage all incoming emails for our claims teams and make sure all the right correspondents such as emails, documents, exposures and tasks go to the right person.
- To log incoming complaints for the business if sent in by post, to manage the logging of all claims complaints.
- To manage the IT software –to keep this work-stream completely clear and up-to date, to make sure this work does not affect the total business and claims areas.
- Arranging payments for all of the –‘Customer claims suppliers’, then continue to work the file as appropriate.
- To process payments for all of our -‘Technical claims suppliers’, continue to work the file as appropriate.
- To help process general ad-hoc tasks assigned to us by all of claims. Ensure that all Claims support services are conducted to the highest standard.
- To ensure that all work is carried out to a high level of accuracy
- Support the Warehouse Operative role in Health and Safety assignments.
- To complete Health and Safety courses for us to be able to complete certain tasks we have such as carrying heavy equipment around the business.
- To be in control of keeping the business within regulations by storing all documents filed within the correct timescales.
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the Company and regulated by the FCA
- Be accountable for personal career progression, work alongside TL for any development.
- To participate in claims handling, -creating TPPD, MOJ, BI, PI exposures for Technical areas.
- To manage all exposures and activities that are assigned to us by various departments.
- To effectively assign work to Claims Team Leaders where relevant.
- Support on maintaining accurate records, ongoing file maintenance and closure of files.
- Ensure that you are meeting customers’ fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet expectations and any activity that does not place customers’ interests at the heart of how we do business
- To complete and record accurate performance figures.
- Work alongside CCL, TL and Technical Specialist to help streamline processes where appropriate.
- To continue to strive to achieve individual and department performance and Quality targets. Achieving high levels of accuracy and demonstrating levels of performance required to full job requirements.
This list is neither exclusive nor exhaustive and there may be other duties, within the remit of the position, required of the job holder from time to time. The company reserves the right to alter this job description and will do so after consultation with the job holder.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in working within an office environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; verbal and written communications.
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Ability to prioritise work
- Customer focused, Good team player, 4 C’s orientated.
- Attention to detail, to be able to complete details repetitive activities
- Basic excel and computer systems skills
- To be able to demonstrate high volumes of work completed within tight timescales at a high accuracy rate
- Previous experience in working within an administrative environment.
- Previous experience working for an insurance company. (Any previous claims knowledge is a huge advantage.
- Knowledge of the CDL, Is2000 or Guidewire insurance software package
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.