Position SummaryFor decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
The Samsung District Manager (DM) is critical to the success of our Retail Field Team. If you have a passion for Driving Results through People, inspiring others to move beyond limits, and creating a culture of performance and accountability, then we should talk.
The DM is responsible for meeting sales achievement within a defined district, building an effective team, and driving fulfillment in their people. Through partnership with your Regional Field Operations Manager, Regional Trainer, and Regional Manager, you will craft a district-level strategy to grow overall Samsung Electronics America marketshare. Your influence will have direct impact on customer perception and our various business partners. The DM is the face of Samsung to employees and customers alike, and your responsibility is to ensure the full potential of Samsung is recognized.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent with 5-8 years of directly-related experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Extensive retail and/or direct sales management experience required
- 5+ years in the wireless industry desirable
- Multi-Unit Management with a track record of coaching performance, driving results, and developing talent
- Experience maximizing talent to support growth of business
- Schedule flexibility – based on demands of business supporting the retail environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
60% - Field Visits
- Conducts minimum of 1 visit per month with each Field Sales Manager
- Conducts minimum of 2 visits per month with each Market Manager
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with Best Buy General Managers and District Leadership
- Establishes and maintains partnerships with carrier leadership in Corporate and Dealer locations
- Completes timely, detailed Ride Along surveys for each visit providing actionable coaching
- Conducts District conference calls weekly with Market Managers and Field Sales Managers
- Plans strategic visit schedule to align with high priority and opportunity stores
- Drives Training, Product, and Merchandising compliance
25% - Performance Management
- Analyzes business results alongside Market Managers and Field Sales Managers
- Assists in creating and implementing visit strategy before, during and after critical product cycles
- Coaches Market Managers and Field Sales Managers to drive results
- Reviews and collaborates on Market Manager and Field Sales Manager Development Plans
- Conducts bi-weekly touch bases with Market Managers and Field Sales Managers
- Documents coaching through Ride Along Surveys and conversational recaps
- Partners with Human Resources as needed
- Creates strong culture of accountability – setting clear expectations, following up, and documenting performance, and recognizing top performers
10% - Field Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Reviews quarterly goals and aligns District to ensure high priority visits are scheduled and completed
- Analyzes and plans Large Sales Program in partnership with Field Sales Managers to stimulate sales demand
- Utilizes district budget to prioritize key sales opportunities
- Partners and collaborates with Regional Field Operations Manager, Regional Trainer, and support partners at HQ to shape strategy and implement regional and national directives
- Reads and reacts to store-specific shopper and retail store representative feedback reports, guiding the district to a strategic message to ensure maximum results
5% - Market Intelligence
- Provides feedback and recommendations on potential adjustments to sales strategies, tactics, and resources in response to sales trends and competitor activities
- Influences development of training content and product messaging by sharing consumer and competitive insights
- Identifies opportunities to optimize work processes, systems, tools, and resources for Field Sales team and recommends scalable solutions to corporate.
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Sets aggressive goals and has high standards
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
- Pushes self and helps others achieve results
- Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change – can decide and act proactively
- Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience
- Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale
- Shares wins and rewards team efforts
- Delegates and distributes assignments and decisions appropriately
- Provides appropriate guidance and direction
- Serves as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain long-lasting relationships with key accounts
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership
- Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of others
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Focuses on highest priorities
- Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals
- Anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans
- Facilitates an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders
- Partners with others to get work done – gaining trust and support
Work is generally performed in the field or in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 15% - 25% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time, is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Local travel varies depending on location, but can exceed 60% of total time and include overnights. Holiday and peak retail hours required. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.