Director of Global TechOps
As the Director of Technical Operations you’ll work with your team to develop scalable infrastructure to enable rapid deployment, effective monitoring, and high availability in a large-scale Linux environment. You’ll work closely with development teams to ensure that services are designed with scale, operability, performance, and ease-of-use in mind. Your day to day operations will include hiring and mentoring great engineers with a strong DevOps mindset, diagnosing and resolving performance and reliability issues across the entire stack: hardware, kernel, application, and network.
- Hire and mentor great Technical Operations engineers
- Design, implement, and maintain high availability systems,
- Maintain existing infrastructure,
- Create automation solutions where appropriate,
- Work closely with development teams,
- Troubleshoot infrastructure problems,
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a senior-level operations engineer in a production environment
- 5+ years of experience managing a distributed team
- Strong understanding of Linux systems, both high and low level
- Expert-level knowledge of modern monitoring systems
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools (preferably Chef)
- Good understanding of container-orchestration systems (preferably Kubernetes)
- Hands-on programming experience with scripting, compiled languages: Go, Python, etc.
- Experience designing and maintaining solutions in the cloud and on premise
Bonus points if you...
- Have experience with any of the following technologies:
- Building Hybrid or multi-cloud solutions
- Hashicorp Consul, Terraform, Vault
- Cloud providers: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS
- ELK stack (elasticsearch, logstash, kibana)
- TICK stack (telegraf, influxdb, kapacitor, grafana)
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
AWS, Google Cloud, Go, Chef, Python, DevOps, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch, and Engineering
10 days ago - source