Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows and technology, Netflix has grown to over 155 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. As we expand globally, we continue to need to expand our talented and unique team to help us scale. With our continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We are looking for an individual to lead our Studio Contingent Compensation and Reporting team on the overall Content Accounting team (View this video to learn more about Content Accounting). The Director, Studio Contingent Compensation and Reporting will lead and continue building a high impact team of finance professionals that manage the financial processes and reporting for our external talent arrangements for all our production verticals including Original Series, Original Studio Film, and International Originals. The role will have broad responsibility and unique insight into multiple aspects of our business and the opportunity to work with a wide range of internal and external partners. The goal is to continue developing and scaling a world-class team that delivers effective and innovative financial information on our external talent arrangements to those external and internal people who create Netflix’s industry-leading content.
The Director, Studio Contingent Compensation and Reporting, will be based in Hollywood, California and report to Netflix’s Director, Content Controller.
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals that work across all Production verticals impacted by external talent arrangements and collective bargaining agreements covering Participations, Residuals, and Overall Deals.
- Develop and implement a strategic direction that is in alignment with Netflix’s overall business objectives.
- Partner internally with Content Accounting, Finance, Business and Legal Affairs, and Labor teams in order to provide meaningful financial insight on our respective external contingent compensation deals.
- Evaluate and improve existing workflows and systems in an effort to increase accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Interpret and leverage data in order to create/manage metrics that convey effectiveness and strategic financial information.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external industry organizations, talent representatives, and auditor firms as appropriate.
- An effective ability in interpreting and managing all financial aspects of participations, residuals, and overall deals with a large international company that has experienced rapid growth.
- Experience in all areas of participations including deal analysis, ultimates modeling, statement calculations, audit and litigation support.
- The knowledge and ability to oversee all aspects of overall deals including accounting, recoupment and reporting considerations.
- A fundamental understanding of entertainment residuals, including experience in modeling, forecasting, and guild negotiations.
- A deep and nuanced understanding of both the financial and macro-impact of external talent arrangements on the business, both internally and externally. Experience with deal analysis and/or business affairs highly encouraged.
- Demonstrated the ability to develop and implement a strategic vision with successful execution and able to confidently communicate the vision to senior level executives.
- Extensive experience in developing and managing complex projects and workflows across multiple international regions
- Ability to quickly recognize, advise on, and propose solutions to challenging issues that arise during the course of business negotiations.
- Comfortable leading large cross functional initiatives while collaborating with cross-functional management teams that include Finance, Business Affairs, Legal, Labor, and Information System partners.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience.
10 days ago - source