The Course Hero Design team is looking for an experienced product design leader to help us revolutionize the way that we support our students as they master new topics on their way towards graduation. We want to develop longer-term relationships with our students and educators and so we require a dynamic, creative, hands-on design leader with deep knowledge of how to drive engagement & retention. In this role, you will also be responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring other designers and for helping to establish a team culture in which designers can do their very best work.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering leadership to contribute to our vision, strategy, and product roadmap. You’ll lead complex design initiatives that facilitate mastery of concepts and courses. In this way you will continuously help us increase the value that we deliver to our students and educators.
- You’ll help create a customer-focused culture throughout our company. You’ll partner with our User Research and Analytics & Data Science teams to understand students’ study behavior, and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to create thoughtful experiences that meet both user & business needs.
- You’ll help lead our efforts to make our experience as mobile-friendly and cross-platform as possible, for example by contributing to our design system and shared set of design principles across the team. In particular, you will take responsibility for defining the long-term vision of our mobile apps for iOS & Android.
- You’ll be an active manager & mentor for designers, partnering with them to create opportunities as they chart their own career growth. You will hire & onboard new designers for our team, attracting top talent and managing performance to help us build a world-class design team.
- You will be one of the public faces of the Course Hero design team, evangelizing our brand in the public forums that you gravitate toward naturally
Are you our next Director of Product Design?
- You have 3+ years of experience managing a design team in a fast-growing company
- You have 10+ years of experience in a leading individual contributor role designing cross-channel user experiences across desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, and other channels such as email
- You have a track record of using design to produce measurable business results & customer value
- In particular, you have successfully launched habit-forming products that customers love and/or products that excel at helping users discover new content
- You are a systems thinker and a creative problem-solver, with proven expertise turning complex consumer problems into simple and engaging products, all the way from high-level concepts down into the UI details
- You feel extremely comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment and collaborating with product managers, engineers, researchers, customer support teams, marketers, and more. You have experience iterating on your products post-launch based on user data about how your designs are performing
- You have excellent communication skills and a hands-on leadership style grounded in collaboration & radical candor
- You have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing your strong foundation in ideation, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, designing for accessibility, and producing high-impact business results
- You have a passion for evolving education to help more students graduate, more confident & more prepared
- You have strong experience helping companies adopt user-centered design processes and establishing shared creative problem-solving practices across product teams
- You have experience with marketplace products
- You have experience designing products powered by Machine Learning and AI
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with matching to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Regularly planned team events and outings
- Free lunches twice a week, cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact - education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn
Course Hero envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We’re building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Course Hero students can access over 25 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a really engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn!
We’re not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
iOS, Android, and Design
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.