About your role:
The Director of IT and Environments will report to our Chief Financial Officer and work as a leader within our organization to direct the lean (read: small) global (read: spread out all over the world), customer-service-centric (read: we are partners to the organization first) team. Our department’s mission is to make sure all employees have the tools, systems, knowledge, and experiences to enable them to do their best work. You will be driving global network infrastructure, digital security/compliance, real estate, facilities management, and partnership with the HR team around cultural initiatives for an 8+ member team supporting 300+ employees.
To accomplish this mission, we do a few things that go beyond running the mission-critical IT and office systems listed below. We act as internal partners to the entire company, working closely with the executive team, to ensure business goals and new initiatives are well architected and supported. We bring new ideas, new technologies and an unparalleled level of partnership to the organization. We listen, we adapt; we pay attention to the business and then we know what they need before they do.
Most importantly, we are looking for an individual with high energy, a collaborative attitude, and the ability to lead and mentor the team.
- Computers: A Mac shop with a small - but significant - Windows and Linux user base.
- SaaS Apps: Our SaaS-heavy environment includes: GSuite, Slack, Atlassian, Enplug, etc
- Video Conferencing: A video conferencing-heavy workplace utilizing Polycom, Blue Jeans and Dolby Voice.
- Corporate Network: Our corporate network in 7 worldwide offices and 4 corporate apartments
- Helpdesk: Our outstanding helpdesk, which is our employees’ first stop when they need IT help
- Mobile & Phone Vendors: Management of FANDOM’s mobile phone fleet and telecom plans
- Big Projects: Network and electrical work for new office build outs and moves
- Facilities: Manage global real estate strategy and facilities build-out across 6 locations with more to come.
We are looking for people that…
- Are curious. Have a play book but are comfortable exploring “what if we did something else instead?
- Are a mentor to those around you. We need you to be a teacher first and a manager second.
- Have 7 - 10 years of IT and Facilities experience (you know, so you have something to teach us).
- Have management experience. To be honest we’d take tech chops over management experience but both would be fantastic. Bonus if you’ve got 3+ years of managing a global IT environment.
- Take a balanced approach towards structure, policy, and execution
- Are quite comfortable in a Mac environment
- Have experience with AV, video conferencing, and SaaS services, specifically Google apps
- Have strong emotional intelligence and human intelligence: you’ll be working and leading across multiple cultures and knowing how to bridge the distance is paramount to your success here.
- Are willing to travel
Bonus points if you...
- Have a networking background...that’d be cool.
- Big bonus if you have experience programming in Python
- Have experience with Unify
- Speak a second language (extra credit if that language is Polish)
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
Python and IT & Environments
10 days ago - source