FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. FANDOM provides the deepest level of entertainment knowledge possible, insider stories, the latest news, and a home for fans to engage and share their love for pop culture with others. As the largest entertainment fan site in the world, FANDOM has a global audience of over 175 million monthly uniques, representing more than 360,000 communities and fandoms.
About your role:
- Establish and implement engineering strategy to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency. Evaluate and estimate quarterly goals with stakeholders worldwide.
- Assist in developing the vision and road map to execute current and future company goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee operational structures, project plans and budgets with direct reports to ensure that each department’s goals and objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management.
- Manage direct reports (including managing their performance, growth and development, personal and professional conflicts; enabling high morale; fostering a proactive attitude and collaborative spirit; keeping the team focused on the goals).
- Oversee the recruitment and project assignment to your teams based on in-depth knowledge of your reports and understanding of the project requirements and maintaining alignment with the business strategy.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that product delivery obsessively aligns with customer and business value.
- Seek development opportunities and mentor team leaders to excel in their roles.
- Actively identify improvement areas and make recommendations for team and organization-wide optimizations for delivering both business value and long term product sustainability.
We are looking for people who…
- Have spent 5+ years as a hands-on engineer, 5+ years in a senior leadership role leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies & have technical leadership, project and budget management experience in a variety of company sizes and styles where you can leverage the best aspects of each.
- Know and apply agile project management techniques, system design principles and architectural discipline.
- Have proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable engineering best practices.
- Have high emotional intelligence.
- Have worked in an international company with remotely managed teams.
- Communicate fluently in both written and spoken English.
- Are ready to travel internationally 2 to 4 times per year.
Bonus points if you...
- Have a Computer Science degree (or equivalent).
- Understand principles of the online/digital advertising business.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Annual Training Budget per Employee
- The possibility of working visits to our offices globally; Poznan, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Cologne and London
- Gym Membership or Extra Health Care or Cafeteria Program Options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
10 days ago - source