We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better’s Legal/Compliance/Government Relations team is looking for a motivated data analyst to support our team’s data analysis, reporting, and financial inclusion-related initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual data reports/filings, including data querying, scrubbing, and analysis
- Assist Legal/Compliance/Government Relations on daily business operations including preparation of state and federal examinations (e.g. CFPB, et cetera), and legal/statutory research
- Assist in preparation of materials for investors, prospective partners, and other external parties
- Assist with construction of dashboards and reports to track Compliance KPIs, summarizing performance to strategic partners
- Support management of compliance concerns, and assist with ad-hoc analyses and other special projects as determined by the Legal/Compliance/Government Relations team
- You have a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience working in a legal, business operations, or consulting environment interfacing across teams and functions.
- You embrace attention to detail in its most rigorous form, apply this to the production of all deliverables, and are committed to structure and organization.
- You leverage exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- You have a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously; you think critically and creatively.
- You are highly driven and detail-oriented, and exhibit a calm demeanor in the face of challenging and/or contentious circumstances.
Bonus points for:
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Previous startup, mortgage origination, or FinTech working experience
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
SQL and MSSQL
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.