Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Customer Support Manager to join Altmetric, a creative data science company that specialises in tracking social media mentions, news coverage, policy influence, and other online activity relating to scholarly research. As Altmetric’s Customer Support Manager, you will provide exceptional support for our customers and users around the world. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the customer support experience at Altmetric is of the highest quality, and is also constantly improving. You’ll manage an external data curation team and coordinate closely with colleagues in sales, product development, and marketing to provide prompt, friendly, and effective customer service.
You’ll also work alongside dynamic cross-functional teams of product owners and developers to coordinate, troubleshoot, prioritise, and test data and platform issues. Our Customer Support Manager plays a central role in our front-line team and is vital to building positive long-term relationships with Altmetric’s customers and users.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer support to all Altmetric customers and users
- Play a central role in troubleshooting, logging, prioritising, and testing data and platform issues with the assistance of product owners and developers
- Be actively involved and coordinate with other support teams across Digital Science
- Resolve email queries according to our SLAs
- Ensure ongoing issues are communicated to affected customers appropriately
- Provide clear, helpful solutions to queries and follow-up where appropriate
- Take a proactive approach to the Knowledge Base, writing new support articles and solutions in response to FAQs
- Manage our data curation process and monitor the work of our external data curation team
- Work closely with the Sales Team, providing answers to technical questions and registering new leads in Salesforce
- Work closely with the Implementation Manager and Engagement Manager to provide an excellent service across the customer lifecycle
- Relay customer feature requests to the Product Team
- Measure the success of our support service by reporting on ticket trends, resolution time, FAQs, and customer satisfaction, as well as identifying areas for improvement and implementing those changes
- Provide training support for internal staff and customers where required
- Passionate about providing a great customer support experience
- Ability to manage a customer support service and consistently provide a high quality experience
- Ability to communicate with a range of users and customers including researchers, publishers, universities, non-academic institutions, corporate clients and potential customers – tailoring your approach accordingly
- Capacity to deal with a high volume of emails each day, providing a consistently helpful and positive Altmetric support experience
- Know when to expedite issues and treat queries as high priority
- Clear writing style and ability to succinctly troubleshoot issues over email
- Ability to understand customer needs and empathise with clients when answering difficult queries
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Keen eye for detail when troubleshooting data issues
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- At least 3-5 years experience in a customer service role, ideally providing online support in a technology company
- Experience dealing with a diverse range of customers spanning industries and tailoring approach accordingly
- Experience using a ticketing system (e.g., Freshdesk, Zendesk, Uservoice) and improving existing processes
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform would be useful
- Interest in scholarly research, scholarly publishing, or social media is ideal but not required
- Experience working in scholarly research or publishing industries is ideal but not required
- 25 days annual leave
- Conference & training budget (incl. international travel)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Partially-subsidised gym membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care contributions
- Flu vaccination vouchers
We’re based in Kings Cross, in the Kings Place building. As a portfolio company of Digital Science & Research Solutions Ltd, we share our office with other scientific start-ups including figshare, Overleaf & Symplectic.
If this role interests you, please apply here. The closing date for applications is 15th February 2019.
Altmetric is a UK-based data science company dedicated to producing alternative metrics for research outputs ranging from peer-reviewed journal articles to datasets and software. With a global customer base spanning academic institutions, publishers, government agencies, non-profits, research institutes, and corporations, Altmetric is the gold standard in altmetrics data. Although we’re a small team, we put a big focus on investing in people and our company culture, with multiple social events and flexible working as key part of how we do business.
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.