Customer Support & Implementation Specialist
Customer Support & Implementation Specialist
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
Alere is now part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. As we embark on this exciting journey, the Cardiometabolic and Informatics BU of the Rapid Diagnostic Division has an exciting new opportunity for a talented Customer Support & Implementation Specialist to join our team Informatics Team.
The Customer Support & Implementation Specialist will be the customer’s primary contact for the co-ordination and resolution of customer and colleague queries via the support portal, via emails or phone. Effective resolutions and communications to both customers and colleagues is a vital to retain business and maintain customer satisfaction. Resolutions include, but are not limited to, scheduling and executing proprietary software implementations, upgrade projects and escalation support, project management, setting milestones, customer training and tracking progress until project completions for Abbott Informatics solutions including, AegisPOC, DataPoint and Image. This is a highly technical environment and involves the complexities of working with different countries, different time zones and languages barriers and so the role requires a proven track record. This position will be part of the global outside the United States (oUS) informatics team which reports to the oUS Informatics Implementation Manager. The Informatics Team works internationally to ensure smooth support of our products through all aspects of the sales process.
- Located within the EMEA region, preferable in the UK, you will act as our customer’s primary contact for the co-ordination and resolution of customer and colleague queries via the support portal, via email or by phone.
- Liaise with internal staff and escalate customer and colleague concerns as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate AegisPOC Support Quality Incidents (QIs) with the Quality, Engineering and other Support Staff to ensure solutions to Bugs, Support Requests and Enhancements are highlighted and fixes & solutions are identified.
- Assist, where necessary, scheduling and executing proprietary software installations, implementations projects, upgrade projects and 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support for Abbott Informatics solutions.
- Pre-sales activity such as customer presentation, demo setting, congress & exhibition attendance.
- Sales activities on installed base including the ability to upgrade and upsell as appropriate.
- Post sales activities including performing necessary maintenance, upgrades, or replacement of any proprietary system.
- Assist and manage customers to set up and troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine workable solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Up to 10% travel time so a passport is essential and a full and clean driving license is desirable.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field or A+ certification or equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable.
- A Project Management qualification and experience (Prince2 or similar) is desirable.
- Fluent in English and another language (French or Spanish) could be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working with customers and colleagues in different countries, cultures, time zones and with fluency languages challenges would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience & working knowledge of connecting instrumentation to laboratory systems including HL7, POCT1A protocols.
- Experience & knowledge of results interface.
- Experience & knowledge on HL7 protocol.
- An understanding of SQL scripts would be a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of patient treatment pathways would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of health organisations IT networks (e.g. the UK’s NHS), their info-structure and hierarchy would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to work remotely at home with great motivation and discipline. Candidates must be located within EMEA, preferable the UK.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. A knowledge of Salesforce would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting network connectivity using TCP/IP utilities and their functions. Such as Ping, Ipconfig, and Tracert.
- Experience with Microsoft products including Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 Enterprise, Windows 2008\2012 Server and Windows SQL 2008/2014 server is a must.
- Basic understanding of Virtual Systems.
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and basic Excel functions.
- Experience with VPN and remote access including various software VPN connections, RDP, TeamViewer and GoTo Assist.
- Familiarity with serial communication.
- Knowledge and experience with project management software (MS project, Gantt project) would be a distinct advantage.
- SOX compliance knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- ITIL framework knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- Document control management, maintenance and associated process experience would be a distinct advantage.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.
Primary Location Europe-United Kingdom-Various Cities
Organization Sales and Marketing
Unposting Date Ongoing
5 days ago - source