Slack is seeking a customer marketing manager to join our growing marketing team in Tokyo. Celebrating and sharing our customers’ success is critical to our enterprise marketing efforts; this role is at the centre of that effort. In this position, you'll become a resident guide on our customers in Japan, how they are using Slack and the value they’ve realised, and you’ll be responsible for a program to deliver a steady stream of customer stories and references to support awareness, demand generation and sales cycles.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- In partnership with the Japan marketing and sales teams, articulate a customer marketing plan to drive increase in reference-able customers, referrals, sales pipeline, retention and loyalty.
- Work with both regional and global marketing teams to build a regional-specific approach to customer marketing, leveraging global resources, content, tools and processes.
- Work with Sales and Customer Success to identify top reference accounts and cultivate champions within those accounts to participate in advocacy activities (including case studies, videos, speaking at events, customer panels, peer-to-peer references, and comms).
- Engage with customers to pitch co-marketing opportunities, building a strong rapport and relationship with each and every engagement.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of all customer references in Japan. Handle reference status, document customer use cases, respond to Marketing and Sales requests, and cultivate new references for the program.
- Meet with customers to identify their success stories and document impact; use multiple sources of data to quantify the value of Slack and produce effective marketing assets to be demonstrated in our highest priority marketing programs.
- Identify opportunities to capture and tell unique and compelling customer stories at events, in the media and through a variety of marketing channels
- Raise, develop, and drive breakthrough ideas that showcase Slack's products and core values at customer events
- Act as the “quarterback” to handle all cross-functional players involved in the sourcing, production, and approval of customer content; partner closely with sales, customer success, regional marketing and PR as well as the customer and their comms team to ensure delivery deadlines are met.
- Partner with PR to create content for press announcements, articles and keynote presentations
- Build relationships with thought leaders within our customer community to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and leverage customer stories in our communications strategy to emphasize Slack's position on these trends
What you should have
- 6+ years marketing experience (enterprise software preferred) in corporate, communications or customer marketing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Validated ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Customer Success and creative teams
- Track record of success in a dynamic, sometimes hectic environment
- Experience in content and digital marketing is a plus
- Driven, high energy, can-do attitude
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Fluent in Japanese, business-level proficiency in English
8 days ago - source