FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. FANDOM provides the deepest level of entertainment knowledge possible, insider stories, the latest news, and a home for fans to engage and share their love for pop culture with others. As the largest entertainment fan site in the world, FANDOM has a global audience of over 175 million monthly uniques, representing more than 360,000 communities and fandoms.
About your role:
Fandom is hiring a Director of Corporate Development who will lead all aspects of corporate development, collaborate with our private equity investor, TPG, and work cross-functionally within the organization. This role works closely with business unit owners and executive leadership to define and execute our inorganic growth strategy across the globe, including Acquisitions and large or complex Investments. You will take a proactive approach to sourcing and executing transactions, while also maintaining the best of relationships with entrepreneurs, bankers, lawyers, VCs, and PE funds active in the multiple ecosystems in which the company operates.
This role is highly visible, responsible for driving/creating the M&A playbook, project management, deal sourcing, and deal execution. As such, you will be a principal point of contact for both inbound deal flow and outbound deal sourcing opportunities externally representing Fandom at an Executive level capacity. You will have disproportionate influence in driving acquisition and investment strategy based on your insights, which will help develop conviction and form decisions that have broad financial and organizational impact globally.
We expect this person to also participate heavily in post-deal integration work to ensure maximum return on investment. You will maintain a broad portfolio of relevant companies (adjacent businesses, tuck-ins) and consistently update this database with current market data and relevant insights. We are looking for an individual who is proactive, high energy, analytical and intuitive. This role reports into the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for entire lifecycle of corporate development, including pre-deal work, acquisition process, and post-deal integration.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with potential acquisition or investment candidates and their management and advisors, including CEOs, CFOs, legal counsel, and bankers.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders within their respective geographies and in functional roles, to understand their goals and strategies and use this knowledge to find companies that are a potential fit.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Technology, Legal, Finance, HR and PMO organizations.
- Synthesize across companies and markets to reach insightful hypotheses on superior M&A and investment opportunities
- Build financial models, create executive summaries, and present results to internal deal committee.
- Conduct business and financial analysis of potential targets and appropriately escalate urgent or critical developments that require a response.
- Create competitive analysis and industry insights for the senior executives.
- Brief executives on trends and themes that emerge from the many conversations and external touchpoints. Advocate for top-tier opportunities, including market-leading acquisitions
- Spearhead Fandom's M&A playbook and assist with building integration plans.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CFO, TPG and Board of Directors on corporate strategy and investment theses.
- 5+ years of corporate development, private equity, venture capital or investment banking experience
- Proven track record in executing deals
- MBA from a top-tier school preferred
- Experience working in or with the entertainment, gaming, media or internet services industry is a plus
- Deep expertise in building dynamic financial and valuation models
- Fine balance between process-driven but relationship-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and operate under time pressure
- Experience navigating complex organizations with a matrix org structure
- Highly analytical, detail oriented, and metrics-driven
- High integrity and positive mindset
- Excellent and proactive communicator, both written and verbal
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
10 days ago - source