We're looking for a Cook who's passionate about food, customer satisfaction and maintaining high standards of kitchen cleanliness. If you're used to fast-paced environments but you don't want to work unsociable hours anymore then this maybe the perfect opportunity for you. We can offer you a great work/life balance through daytime-only hours- you won't work late nights, split shifts or Christmas Day, and we have great training opportunities for your professional growth and development.
What it's like to work here:Canons Ashby is an Elizabethan manor set in beautiful 18th century gardens. This boutique property has a tranquil feel with a close-knit team of 13 who pride themselves on providing a more personal visitor experience. The catering operation, which includes the cosy Stables Tearoom, is often looking for new recruits. If you are a committed team player with great interpersonal skills, this magical property could be the place for you.Click here for more information about this location
What you'll be doing:Working alongside a small, friendly kitchen team you'll be preparing tasty treats from our National Trust Cookbook framework. Our core menus offer a variety of food to our visitors, such as; mains, light bites, bakes and cakes, but there'll be opportunities for you to get involved in some storytelling through our Spirit of Place menu. For this special menu, you can have your creative input into the local cakes, bakes, sandwiches and mains we offer that help to celebrate the history of Canons Ashby with our visitors.
Our property attracts a high visitor number every year, which means at times we can get extremely busy. Keeping calm and helping your colleagues to maintain high standards of hygiene, food presentation and quality, and customer service will be invaluable. On occasion, you may be required to supervise some of our volunteers.
The National Trust ethos will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, you’ll look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking forWe are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to exceed our customer’s expectations with the delicious food we prepare and serve.You'll need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Experienced in delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
The packageLooking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership at over 100 leisure facilities across the country
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking