Are you looking to leverage your subject matter expertise to help students learn? Course Hero is looking for an Accounting item writer who will author solutions for college-level textbooks. Our ideal candidate will have a strong expertise ranging from managerial and cost accounting to financial accounting. Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for teaching, an outstanding work ethic, and a positive attitude.
Note: This is a temporary Monday - Friday contract position either in our Redwood City, CA office or remote in the United States. Both full and part time hours are available.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You'll author multiple-choice, short answer, and open response items in accordance to specific quality format and guidelines.
- You'll create graphics (in spec art) to accompany items.
- You'll review and edit items authored by other item writers.
- You'll provide feedback on products that link learning with technology.
- You'll ensure academic integrity by implementing quality assurance measures.
Are You Our Contract Accounting Scholar?
- You are currently or formerly an educator at the college-level.
- You have strong verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to written explanations for how to solve difficult problems.
- You have a least 1 year of experience as a lecturer, teaching assistant, or tutor in accounting.
- You have a post-secondary degree in accounting, Masters and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- You have strong understanding and mastery of all introductory and most intermediate fields of accounting.
- You have a demonstrated ability to explain and communicate difficult concepts to students struggling with the material.
- You have knowledge of educational best practices and teaching strategies.
- You have experience with LaTeX, KaTeX, and HTML.
- You must be comfortable working with computers - experience with Chrome and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Hangouts) are a must.
Course Hero envisions a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared. We are a privately held, mission-driven educational technology company that is profitable and growing. We’re building the optimal learning destination for every college course. Course Hero students can access over 25 million course-specific study materials and study resources to enhance their supplemental and deep learning experiences. We see more students that are confident and prepared when they can quickly find what they need and learn deeply.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a really engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty and we love to learn!
We’re not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 245th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500 and also 2018’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
9 days ago - source