Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Content discipline is responsible for all the important channels we use to communicate with our players. Responsibilities of the content discipline are;
- Creating and sharing written content
- Planning of lol.com, client and similar channels
- Creating and sharing video and audio content
- Managing social media accounts and planning social media campaigns
- Managing PR communications with the press and LoL in general
As a Dubai Rioter, you’ll join a small team that shares our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Dubai is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Middle East players they aren’t lost in translation.
- An experienced leader: you bring at least five years of experience in a content / digital media role and have successfully led cross-discipline groups
- Strategic and insightful: you have the ability to see the big picture and consider all the competing needs of different projects months in advance in order to design brilliantly-orchestrated communication strategies; you are meticulous in your analysis and use of metrics
- A gamer: you're a lifelong online gamer with a particular affinity for League of Legends; you use your gaming experience to analyze industry marketing campaigns, evaluating their strengths and weaknesses and spotting opportunities for improvement
- A self-starter: whether you're working on a new campaign or mastering a new champion, it's always been your prerogative to learn, practice, improve and repeat; that work ethic keeps you going, even when the way forward isn't clear
- A communicator: you're comfortable collaborating, whether in the hallway or via email, in-game chat or messenger pigeon
- A storyteller: you imagine and find the stories and angles that'll connect with the League audience, and can easily identify the best channels and platforms to deliver it.
- Team oriented: you're a flexible collaborator who makes it safe for others to provide you with feedback and different perspectives; you develop productive relationships thanks to your impeccable workplace sportsmanship; you avoid B.S. and you have a black belt in tact
- Comfortable around technology: while not necessarily a programmer yourself, you're fluent in engineering processes and dev cycles; you're familiar with the tools of web and content production; you're savvy with CMSes, intranets, recorded and livestreamed video, interwebs, blogs, microblogs, and collaboration software
- Message crafter: you craft bespoke messages that demonstrate deep understanding of messaging, positioning, and stakeholder needs; you wield the editorial scalpel judiciously, leaving texts healthier than you found them.
- Lead content publishing, focusing on providing engaging content and experiences for players
- Ensuring the content created by the discipline has a common language style
- Creating growth plans for team members
- Being a part of hiring and off boarding processes when necessary
- Ensuring the discipline gets support from product teams
- Evaluating and advocating new programs and campaigns that elevate and reinforce League of Legends' positioning
- Inspiring, leading, and coaching talented professionals
- Creating and managing our PR strategies
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
9 days ago - source