Do you enjoy working with data? The world’s leading market intelligence agency, Mintel, is seeking a highly organised market researcher to join its Consumer Research and Data Analytics team. This is a new role to support our syndicated consumer research projects in Asia. Based in our Mumbai office, you will be working as part of the Mintel’s Consumer Research and Data Analytics team to manage the day to day project milestones from questionnaire design through to fieldwork, data analysis and delivery.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Quality maintenance: Ensuring that both the research and data analysis is consistently delivered on schedule, within budget and to a high quality.
- Analyzing data: Using a wide range of research tools including SPSS and other in-house analysis tools to tabulate and analyze quantitative consumer research data effectively, including checking outputs and troubleshooting queries. This may also include running advanced statistical analysis including such as correspondence analysis, decision tree analysis, cluster analysis (segmentations) and forecasting as required.
- Questionnaire design: Working with internal analysts to design high quality online and/or offline quantitative questionnaires, qualitative discussion guides and conduct secondary research that both meets research objectives and analysis requirements.
- Managing internal and external supplier relationships: Liaising with external providers and the internal scripting team to ensure all research is conducted within budget and to deadline.
- Developing in-house knowledge and operational processes: Participating in and leading the development of research methodologies and statistical techniques to add further value to Mintel’s output. You will also be playing a key part in the roll out of new operational developments within the research department (e.g. software, new processes, etc.), as well as proactively looking at ways in which we can improve best practiced within the team.
- Research and data consultancy: Helping conduct consumer research training with report analysts (including questionnaire design, data analysis, and using internal reporting tools) and acting as a consultant to other teams within the organization by providing expertise in selecting research methodologies, devising sampling plans, and interpreting statistical analysis.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree (or a comparable) with a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant subject (eg Statistics, Sociology, Economics, etc).
- 5+ years of experience in a market research environment (agency or client-side).
- Experience managing market research projects in at least 1 of the following markets (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, South Korea or New Zealand) essential
- Proven experience with analysing data in SPSS (or similar software) in a commercial setting essential.
- Experience designing questionnaires in a commercial setting essential.
- Strong knowledge of designing quantitative questionnaires, both online and offline.
- Ability to effectively communicate data, statistics and other research-related findings and concepts to non-researchers.
- Strong analysis and interpretive skills. The ability to extract ‘the story’ and meaningful insights from raw data.
- High attention to detail with a focus on ensuring quality data.
- Highly organised with experience of project managing multiple research projects to deadlines.
- A strong team player willing to help others both within and outside the team.
- A high degree of numeracy.
- Fluency in English.
- Wide knowledge of quantitative research methodologies.
10 days ago - source