Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
The Testing and Monitoring Lead will play a critical role in supporting the management, execution and continued improvement of an independent compliance Testing and Monitoring program at Coinbase. Critical to this role is the ability to understand key elements of Coinbase Compliance programs (such as tools and processes) and to collaborate with Compliance Officers and compliance subject matter experts to further develop and execute Compliance testing in order to validate the effectiveness of Compliance internal controls as executed across the organization.
- Lead the development and execution of the Compliance Testing & Monitoring Program and methodology
- Lead the development of the annual testing plan
- Lead and/or perform compliance testing, identify issues and make recommendations and report the results
- Coordinate testing activities with various business stakeholders who are integral to the operational process of AML and Sanctions Compliance Programs
- Identify potential compliance and risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans
- Develop test scripts corresponding to scope of the engagement and business expectations
- Assess the design and effectiveness of controls implemented to mitigate the applicable BSA/AML/OFAC Sanctions compliance risks
- Demonstrate ability to exercise judgment in assessing the material significance and relevance of identified compliance exceptions and ensure timely escalation.
- Collaborate with business lines to develop remediation plans to resolve control weaknesses identified through testing
- Track and validate the implementation of remedial actions submitted by the owners to verify that issues identified during testing are remediated. Follow up with owners as necessary
- Prepare reports for Senior Management that highlights the scope, testing approaches, testing results, and compliance testing activities
- Review processes and recommend areas of improvements
- Monitor regulatory activities and industry developments to identify trends and emerging issues that may have an impact on the bank and the compliance testing program.
- BS/BA degree
- 5 or more years in a Compliance Testing, Audit, Operational Risk or equivalent experience within financial services industry
- Business acumen; communication skill, creative problem solving; leadership and management; analytical skill; writing skill; technical skill; project management; relationship management; team work; planning and organizing; coaching.
- Knowledge of U.S. financial services regulations and compliance practice, compliance risk management, and Risk Governance Framework
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. financial services regulations and compliance practice with strong emphasis on BSA/AML and Sanctions
- Extensive experience in building monitoring, quality assurance, testing and oversight programs
- Excellent data analysis and including some statistics background
- Dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial and strategic mind-set
- Track record of success in collaborating, partnering with and influencing senior leaders and peers
- JD, MBA or Master’s Degree
- Extensive experience in compliance testing across non-US markets
- Securities or broker/dealer experience
- Experience in financial services and/or consumer Internet, especially if focused on digital currency
Legal & Compliance
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.