Dick's Sporting Goods is actively seeking a Complex Crimes Investigator in the Central Florida Region. The ideal candidate will be located with the Central Florida Region to best perform the job responsibilities. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Investigations, this position is responsible for identifying external theft and organized retail crime patterns and trends. This position is responsible for the tactical implementation of investigative tools including case management, video management, refund management, and exception based reporting and processes necessary to identify and resolve avenues of loss within company standards. The position also supports response to internal theft investigations within the company. This position will support the enforcement of policies and procedures.
External Theft Identification
- Detection, investigation, and documentation of Organized Retail Crime, and other violations of law and/or
- Oversee case development and disposition and effectively manage multiple case assignments remotely.
- Utilization of analytics, social media and third party websites to initiate and support investigations.
- Monitor for indicators of external and internal loss and report any and all circumstances or incidents to the Sr. Manager of Investigations.
- Conduct off-site surveillance and perform Loss Prevention interviews in accordance with Dick’s Sporting Goods policy and procedure.
- Initiate and support investigations with the use of exception based reporting.
- Utilization of covert equipment within Dick’s Sporting Goods policy.
External Theft Resolution
- Develop and maintain relationships with law enforcement remotely
- Responsible for enforcing company policy and reporting any violation or intent to violate any company policy, local, state, or federal law.
- Appear in court to testify on behalf of the company as required. Effectively manage multiple case assignments.
- Provide training to various levels within and outside of the organization on conducting and closing investigations.
- Assist and respond to specific task assigned during an investigation.
- Attend and present evidence in court when required.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning all conversations, printed matter, electronic data, phone messages and other Loss Prevention business conducted within the scope of the ORC Investigator’s position.
- Complete all reports as assigned or outlined by the current investigative protocol.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
Internal Theft Support
- Develop investigative leads by identifying trends and patterns
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with respective law enforcement agencies
- Respond to issues identified in the exception based reporting system
- Aid in development and execution of the internal investigations strategy
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment
- The ability and willingness to travel extensively or work remotely
- Experience with: Exception Based Reporting, Video Management Systems, Refund Management Platforms, Case Management Systems, Point of Sale, Store-Level Loss Prevention
Certifications& Specialized Experience:
- Wicklander-Zulawski or similar interview training (CFI preferred)
- General Loss and Phone Interviewing experience
- LSI Scan
- Loss Prevention Certified
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.