In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of Esports. Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling.
The Communications team members strive to shape Riot’s worldwide identity and reputation. We cover everything vital to the Riot brand and work across all teams, sharing news with millions of players around the world who passionately love League, its Champions and our massively popular Esports. We love games and enjoy telling the phenomenal stories that come with them.
As a Communications Strategist, you are responsible for developing outstanding communications strategy for product teams. You're a messaging authority who can craft and direct player- and media-facing communications for clarity, purpose, and intent. When others in the organization need advice and support for their communications challenges, you'll be a trusted consult. The best comms strategists strive to deeply understand players so they can speak their language and communicate with empathy.
You will represent products from Esports initiative. You'll develop strategies for content and communications and work to tactically execute them in written and visual form, partnering as needed with other internal teams, e.g. videographers, editors, etc. as well as regional Esports comms leads.
- Create, disseminate, and facilitate media application/registration forms for events
- Maintain media lists in partnership with all regional Comms executives to compile media lists when applicable
- Work with various events teams to ensure all media spaces (work room + interview rooms) meet and ideally exceed the standards
- Arrange on-site media needs including catering and craft services
- Submit final media lists for credential badges
- Create Media Briefing Books and disseminate to media prior to the event
Onsite Event Media Management
- Prepare and own the onsite media experience at some domestic and all global events
- Prior to event, ensure the media set-up, access points, and general traffic flow are appropriate
Post-event Coverage Recaps
- Work with regional Communications executives during and after events to compile global event coverage highlights and disseminate global reports to partners
Product Launches and Events
- Shape strategy and help executive Communications plans around product launches and events
Content/Media Site Maintenance
- Produce content as needed for a variety of owned channels
- Update and maintain Esports media site. Ensure all data and assets available on the media site are up to date and approved for media use
- A PR powerhouse: You've been working within the PR or the media space for several years; bonus points if your experience—and a network of contacts—comes from the gaming or sports industry, especially if it includes international experience and contacts
- An organizer: You effectively maintain roadmaps and business strategies to help your team align with leadership and merchandise achievements and successes.
- A natural connector: You seek to set up and handle relationships within the media and elsewhere; you're meticulous about making connections with influencers, and you're readily available to media to help them perform their job
- An event pro: You have a track record of being behind the curtain at live events; you're organized, un-phased by working in chaotic international environments and pumped to shepherd media to live tournaments—from Madison Square Garden in New York City to the Bird’s Nest in Beijing
- A coverage tracker: You're always one step ahead of where Riot and LoL Esports are popping up in the media; you're on top of Esports industry trends and able to suggest creative solutions to join the conversation
- A passionate gamer: You’re familiar with and ideally part of the gaming culture, so you pay attention to the enthusiast press and the latest developments in the industry
- An international executive: You ideally speak a second language and/or have lived in more than one country; you love the global media space and are excited about the unique nature of our sport worldwide
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.