Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are expanding the Airbnb offering by creating an end-to-end transportation experience for travelers that’s simple, seamless, and inspiring. Never in the history of the online travel industry has a transportation business started with millions of customers and we see this as a monumental opportunity.
Transportation is a new team at Airbnb and we know founding team members have a tremendous influence on our long-term success. Your contributions will help establish a major component of the travel offering at Airbnb both within the product and at the company. We are looking for a talented, ambitious and passionate Commercial Counsel with a deep respect for their craft and the desire to deliver world-class legal advice to join the team.
Past experience working with or for companies in the transportation sector, including travel distribution companies, leading travel companies, or air carriers, is preferred.
Airbnb is seeking a pragmatic, business-oriented commercial counsel with deep experience in the transportation sector and negotiating a range of commercial agreements to join our growing legal team.
As a key member of the Airbnb Legal team, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial contracting needs of the Transportation business team. You must be able to balance legal and business risk with the needs of the business, have excellent deal management and negotiation skills, and demonstrate an ability to thrive in a demanding fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and poise. This role reports to the Lead Counsel for Transportation and is based in San Francisco/Mill Valley.
- Lead and manage large and complex deal negotiations for strategic partnerships with our transportation partners, and coordinate with Legal SMEs and cross-functional business teams
- Draft and negotiate a range of commercial agreements including strategic partnerships, corporate investments, marketing agreements, and new vendor and service agreements for experimental programs, projects, and new products.
- Serve as a legal ambassador to internal business clients and work cross functionally to help drive and shape shared initiatives
- JD and a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies,and/or in-house legal departments.
- Experience working with or for companies in the transportation sector, including travel distribution companies, leading travel companies, or air carriers is preferred
- In-house experience at a multinational, technology, travel, or consumer facing company is strongly preferred
- Experience at a company with rapid development of innovative products is preferred.
- Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- Deep experience with global privacy laws, including GDPR and the negotiation of data protection and security terms and agreements
- Demonstrated experience leading complex deal negotiations
- A strong working knowledge of the Airbnb platform, evolving product lines, and competitive landscape, as well as an interest in and passion for Airbnb’s mission
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, adaptable, self-directed person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Experience working with international teams and cross functionally within organizations
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity, sense of humor, and desire and passion to learn and grow
AWS and Legal
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.