Are you great fun and an accomplished team player? Are you passionate about supporting a team to make sure our younger members have a wickedly good time?
We’re looking for a Children's Activities Supervisor to be a confident and enthusiastic influence within the Children's Activities Team. Virgin Active Crèche offers a fantastic range of activities for ages six weeks to 15 years and you’ll be there to help keep these important people safe and happy.
- Being responsible in the Junior Activities Manager’s absence for ensuring an exceptional level of care is presented to the children in your care, that exhilarating and energetic activities & sessions are being delivered at all times including;
o Crèche activities; story time, active games, playground games
o Birthday parties; sports games, creative parties
o Sports activity camps throughout school holidays
o Afterschool activities; active games, active sports sessions and activities.
- Ensure a safe environment at all times by complying with Health & Safety and department policies as well as making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Communicate effectively and build relationships with parents and care givers, informing them of key achievements or any issues during the sessions.
- Responsible for the supervision and motivation of the Children's Activities Team by supporting and encouraging development.
- Assist the Crèche management to meet and exceed set targets and objectives, help achieve commercial success within the department and wider Club team.
- Working alongside the Children's Activities Manager, committed to the effective supervision of the team at all times, and ensuring that in their absence, the department is successfully run.
What we can’t live without:
To be successful, you’ll love looking after and entertaining children of all ages. You’ll be friendly and approachable, with the ability to stay calm whatever
the situation and are not afraid to get your hands dirty (especially during our arts and crafts sessions).
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a Child Related field, alongside previous experience working with children.
- Experience working within a team, with the drive to inspire and motivate others to work towards and achieve targets.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before start date
**Please note that Health and Social care does not cover the required qualification**
This role is part time, working 30 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include earlies (from 8:30am), lates (until 8pm) and weekends (7:30am starts/4pm finishes).
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Uncapped commission + basic salary
- Annual performance based exclusive Sales incentive
- Dedicated line manager, there to support and promote your development
- Great career progression and training path
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata), plus bonus birthday day
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Tax free childcare vouchers scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme