We are transforming; by 2020 we will set the standard for rail travel in the North and beyond. With a £1 billion investment in transforming our business and rail travel, these are exciting times and a great time to join us.
We’re one of the UK’s largest train operating companies and our franchise began on 1 April 2016, running for 9 years. Northern is owned by Arriva Group (backed by Deutsche Bahn).
Northern plays a vital role in the north of England by connecting tens of thousands of people, to work, leisure and education. Our aim is to connect people to opportunities by providing a reliable and friendly train service. We have made significant progress since we started but there is much more that we want to achieve and you can be a part of it
This role requires cover 5 days out of 7 including weekends and the working hours will involve shifts between 7am and 10pm.
You will be responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service and customer care to our customers via a multi-channel correspondence based service including those customers who may have additional needs.
We are looking for a positive, calm and robust person to join our friendly team to carry out the Customer Complaints Advisor to the highest level. You will need to have excellent written and verbal skills in order to respond to our customers with clarity and have a solution based focus.
You’ll need to demonstrate that you can:
• Provide high quality, timely and effective responses and resolutions to first–line customer enquiries and/or complaints, following standard processes, via letter, email, telephone and social media.
• Where appropriate refer queries to a team leader or via other channels for resolution.
• Liaise with other functions around the business for accurate information.
• Ensure balanced approach to claims payments, following agreed guidelines to take into account customer satisfaction vs business cost.
• Update Customer relations database systems and support other processes as required.
• Undertake relevant training and development to support effective performance in the role and ensure up to date product knowledge.
We look forward to having you as part of our team at this exciting time within the rail industry.
Type of Contract:
7 days ago - source