Looking for flexible Catering work? We are able to offer a position as a catering assistant within our Retail business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part time Catering Service Assistant to join our lovely catering team. Ideal candidates will have previous catering experience. Ideal candidates will be flexible in their working approach and be available to work 2 out of 7 days including bank holidays
We are looking for a Catering Assistant to work 16 hours per week on a Part time basis. 07.00 – 15.00 Saturday and Sunday
This exciting opportunity as a Catering Assistant based at our Tesco Oxford store. You will be joining an enthusiastic team of 3 professionals and reporting into Cook Manager.
Your key responsibilities as the Catering Assistant will consist of:
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, clearing tables, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
- To prepare food items using very basic cooking skills i.e. baked potatoes with salad garnish and filling, preparing sandwiches, cooking meals prepared by the Cook Manager
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Catering Assistant include:
- Awareness of the Food and Safety Regulations and in particular, the Food Hygiene (General) Regulations 1970 are essential. Training will be provided.
- Previous experience of working in a similar environment/role is desirable.
- Have good communication skills.
- To be able to work on your own initiative.
- Be a team player with good organisational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Have catering background.
- Experience in cooking.
Why it’s great to work for us:
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £9.50 per hour, dependent on experience.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 3 years’ service, life assurance, and subsidised lunches
As a Catering Assistant you are also eligible for Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers. There is the option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday. You can receive a range of discounts on EE Mobile Contracts, at Nissan Motors, AA breakdown cover and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
We focus on our colleagues and hold Elior Annual Awards Events, recognition schemes every month plus training and career progression through the Academy and Apprenticeship qualifications.
You can request additional leave for charity work and we provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing support.
We foster and believe in diversity and believe a workplace free from discrimination leads to a fun, supportive environment.
Click on Apply now. All you need is an updated CV and Cover Letter, we'll do the rest.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to attend an interview, please let us know.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: 31/01/2019
(We regret that we are unable to accept any applications after the closing date)
#teamelior #eliorcareers #eliorjobs #cateringjobs
Twitter: @elioruk Facebook: Elior Careers
In line with General Data Protection Regulations you can find our Privacy Notice on our website
Why its great to work for Elior
Our guiding principle is that for Elior to deliver great customer service we must be a great company to work for.
Great service to customers only comes from people who are happy with the company they work for. We aim to be a fulfilling and rewarding place to work, where people thrive, because they are valued, cared for as individuals and given everything they need to develop their potential.
We invest in the teams that are in direct, daily contact with our clients and customers because we believe that their ability to grow with the business is the foundation of success.