Job Title: Business Analyst
Total Estimated Assignment Hours: 13 months
City: New York, NY
Overview: Layer 7 Data Solutions is a full life-cycle technology services company. We help businesses resolve technical issues from layers 1 through 7. Layer 7 Data Solutions has been making advanced technology simple and cost effective for the SMB and Enterprise market for over a decade. The Layer 7 Data Solutions has a great opportunity with one of our clients in NY. The Client is dedicated to the care, education and healthy development of children, from birth through elementary school age. Client collaborates with early care and education professionals, families, schools and community partners to help children reach their fullest potential. We are currently hiring Business Analyst for our client.
- Lead team of BA staff and support senior team in strategic planning of IT projects
- Oversee the delivery of the functional designs, technical designs, and quality assurance plans
- Facilitate communications between the Policy, Business Analyst, Quality Assurance, technical teams and external stakeholders
- Liaise with all stakeholders to lead meetings, conduct business requirement gathering activities, develop, verify, and document functional and technical specifications.
- Research, analyze, and document business requirements. Develop high quality analysis work products such as business and activity diagrams and data flows, process flow diagrams, business requirements specifications, functional and technical specifications, traceability matrices, etc.
- Maintain and update existing documentation for changes to existing specifications.
- Work closely with data modelers, ETL programmers and Front-End Developers to insure the data foundation supports the requirements of the business domain owners.
- Investigate, document, and propose recommendations for resolution of business and software issues.
- Work with developers and support teams to triage and resolve issues and defects
- Develop comprehensive end-to-end test scenarios
- Perform and coordinate testing activities for IST and UAT, tracking defect/fixes
- Perform special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- At least 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst with at least 4 years of experience leading a BA and/or QA team on complex IT projects
- Excellent communication skills to lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders for requirements gathering, elicitation, elaboration, and analysis
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills with ability to learn and understand complex Business Processes and Business Rules quickly
- Experience developing testing plans and test data with scenarios based on understanding of systems/business requirements to perform end-to-end, regression, and functionality testing
- Ability to create a comprehensive management plan to keep all stakeholders updated of project status
- Understanding of SDLC, environments/tiers and their functions (DEV, TST, STG, PRD, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL skills (select, insert, update, joins, data types, subqueries/nested queries, etc.)
- Basic concepts of relational databases and how they relate to functional actions (table structure, triggers, constraints, primary keys, foreign keys, views, etc.)
- Experience using SQL Developer, SQL Plus and FTP clients
- Learn and adapt to new management software systems (i.e. Remedy, HP Quality Center, JIRA, SharePoint, etc.).
- Must be authorized to work in United States. No sponsorship and no third parties. Must be local candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- using SQL Developer, SQL Plus and FTP clients: 4 years (Required)
- QA: 4 years (Required)
- Business Analyst: 8 years (Required)
- New York, NY (Required)
- United States (Required)
about 2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.