Mango Languages is looking for a remote Independent Contractor who can create and edit content for our Brazilian Portuguese course materials. In this unique role, you’ll collaborate with our team of experts to bring a Mango learning experience to life. You’ll love working with our diverse group of linguists, lexicographers, and product managers to imagine and build a powerful language-learning resource for today’s modern learner.
Curious what your day-to-day tasks will be? In this role, you’ll be working to make Mango magic happen by developing dialogues, literal translations, understood meanings, phonetic transcriptions, and idiomatic expressions to build the course. We’ll also count on you to write comprehension tests, assessment questions, develop grammar and culture notes that provide our students with insightful explanations to help them achieve their language-learning goals. Once the content of the course is recorded, you will verify that the recorded audio is correct, ensuring that your hard work is accurately reflected in the final product.
Just like you, we settle for nothing less than the best. Together, we’ll work to ensure that the quality of the course is truly exceptional. As you create content, you’ll align our Brazilian Portuguese course with ACTFL standards by adding relevant content that both follows Mango’s signature methodology and fits well with the existing material. Along the way, you’ll help with various tasks that come up to perfect the Brazilian Portuguese course.
Are you up for a fast-paced, rewarding project that helps promote language and culture learning the world over? Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
How to Apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter here, outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Native Brazilian Portuguese speaker. For this position, we specifically need a native speaker who has a mastery of their native language and a thorough understanding of grammar, culture, idiomatic expressions, and dialectal differences.
- Fluent in English. Courses are developed for English speakers. Full understanding and fluency of the English language and its grammar is needed for course creation and coordination with team members and project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree required in either of the following: Brazilian Portuguese language/literature or Language Teaching.
- Experience teaching Brazilian Portuguese.
- Experience writing assessments and comprehension tests preferred.
- Flexible schedule and an availability of up to 20 hours per week.
- Reliable internet connection and a technical understanding of collaborative online tools. All work will be done remotely and online.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must love language, culture, and learning — we all do!
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing lovable language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Each day, our passionate, dynamic team is driven by our core mission to enrich lives with language and culture. Available on mobile, tablet and web-based platforms, our software teaches real conversations (in 70 languages and counting!) and cultural background to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language lovers of all ages.
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.