AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The purpose of this role is to drive PR coverage and create greater brand awareness for Selfridges as a whole. Reporting to the Senior Brand PR Manager, the Brand and Christmas PR Manager helps drive the management of media relations both within the UK and internationally to increase the level of positive coverage generated for Selfridges in support of all Christmas initiatives and product; selected campaigns and special events, as well as brand and reputation stories. The role also extends to the management of the regional stores’ PR.
The role offers a wide scope of work and therefore the opportunity to work across several product and business categories and across a variety of teams within Selfridges.The Ideal Candidate
- Must be an excellent communicator; within the Press Office and cross-functionally with other departments and at all levels including top level management
- Proven ability to generate high quality coverage beyond product placement to satisfy the strong demand for feature-led coverage across a variety of stories, however conceptual.
- Strong experience in PR; preferably within an agency and familiar with strategic PR planning; solutions-driven
- Strong relationships with a broad selection of media contacts
- Solutions-driven, creative thinker, multi-tasker
- Strong writing and creative writing skills
- Team management experience
- Experienced in PR events planning and implementation in support of a wide variety of launch opportunities
- Excellent computer skills (Powerpoint, Excel and ideally inDesign)
- Fully conversant with all social media platforms and how to maximise PR opportunities within them (through social media influencer relationships)
- Fully connected with News agenda. Trends, Fashion and Style
- Experience of international coverage placement is welcome
- Professional, efficient but fun
OUR SELFRIDGES STORY
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work.
about 2 months ago - source