StarTech.com is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and customer-focused individuals to join our team of dynamic and motivated Customer Advisors. If you are a goal-oriented individual with the desire to learn and grow with an international organization, we want to speak with you!
The Customer Advisory Team at StarTech.com provides consultative customer support and advice to StarTech.com resellers and individual end-users within North America, Europe and international markets.
Our Customer Advisors have broad exposure to the business and work cross-functionally with many functions including sales, finance, distribution, supply chain and product management. This collaboration enables Customer Advisors to gain broad exposure to the organization and play a key role in its success. Working with these diverse groups also aides in personal development and career growth.
We are not a call centre: this is a service and support team comprised of solution-minded individuals who help our customers find, get and use the parts they need to enable connectivity solutions. If you are a customer focused and driven individual looking to grow in a fast-paced environment, this could be the position for you!
In This Role You Will
- Work in a collaborative environment where monthly feedback sessions support you, keeping you on track for success and help you shape your future
- Have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of account management and support our customers’ path to purchase both direct and through our distribution partners
- Gain a fundamental knowledge of channel-based distribution, special pricing and working with a bid desk
- Be a key differentiator of our business and play a crucial role in delivering on StarTech.com’s value proposition
- Gain a sense of pride in every interaction! Our Advisors work autonomously and are empowered to make decisions – we understand that our advisors know our customers better than anyone else and we enable them to own the experience
- Undergo ongoing product training with first to market products and leading-edge technologies (USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 and others)
- Have the opportunity to leverage your language skill-set, assisting with translations and language assessments for other teams in the organization
- Have the chance to work from home or join the team at our StarTech.com HQ!
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic team of diverse perspectives and backgrounds
- Post-secondary education
- A strong desire to learn new things and an interest in technology
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and history of making solid contributions to a team
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented global company
- Proficiency in a Windows based environment
- A passion for assisting others\
- Proven working proficiency in English as well as one of the following languages: Italian, German, French or Spanish
Nice to Haves
- Tech savviness is an asset
- An entrepreneurial mindset, willing to embrace challenges and change
- A growth mindset and interest in evolving in this role and with StarTech.com
- Experience with account management or inside sales
What We Offer
- Employee discount
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Frequent company fun events and corporate lunches
- A place to grow and develop your career
- Unlimited free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Option to work remote or join our team at the StarTech.com HQ!
- A fun environment where hard work is recognized, rewarded and celebrated
- A comprehensive 8-week paid training program
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
How to Apply
Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
StarTech.com Ltd. is a global manufacturer of hard-to-find parts and accessories that connect and enhance business technology. We make it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the parts they need to enable their business solutions.
Founded in 1985 by entrepreneurs Paul Seed and Ken Kalopsis, we’re a privately-owned company with our Corporate Office in London, Ontario, Canada. We continue with double digit year-over-year growth and operate in a number of countries worldwide, spanning North America, Europe and Asia. We will continue to expand our global footprint in the years to come.
StarTech.com is a winner of the prestigious Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club designation, having retained its designation for eight consecutive years. We’ve also been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private US companies for 10 consecutive years and are on the Profit 500 list of fastest growing Canadian companies.
A vibrant tech company, we offer an enviable workplace with a track record of growth and recognition. We’re big on service and team spirit without taking ourselves too seriously. By conquering new markets and creating career opportunities, we offer you a place to grow. Plus, our commitment to training and development will keep your skills sharp. We also know you have a life outside work. That’s why we offer benefits that take good care of you and your family and support you to actively participate in your community.
Check out our LinkedIn page and become a follower so we can stay connected!