Bertrandt - your trustworthy engineering partner
Looking for a career, not just a job? Want to join a dynamic team working for an international industry leader? Enjoy an energetic work atmosphere? Bertrandt US may be just what you have been looking for! The Bertrandt Group has been providing development solutions for the international automotive and aviation industries in Europe, China and the USA for more than 40 years. A total of around 13,000 employees at 53 locations guarantee extensive know-how, sustainable project solutions and a high level of customer orientation. Its main customers include the major manufacturers and numerous system suppliers.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for developing technical solutions using customer specific tools within the standard designs and manufacturing processes. That means, dealing with issues of cost, production, quality, performance, reliability, serviceability, intended lifespan and user features.
In addition to designing the product, the Design Engineer work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. He/She will work closely with Quality and Production to take new model designs and manufacturing efficiency improvements from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
- Create concepts and detailed designs of plastic components and assembly.
- Champions all design related activity for assigned program(s), from concept generation), development therefor into viable optimal solutions, through to production optimization.
- Active participation in Development Team Meetings represents design conformance according to customer procedures / standards. Also participates in formal design/engineering reviews and informal reviews with Test Engineer and Team Engineer.
- Ensures designs being made available in a timely manner to support releases, co-ordinates/negotiates on alternate design completion dates
- Development and verification of concept within process and specification.
- Design and release responsibility for components
- Collaborate with Product Development Teams
- BS degree in engineering field (industrial, mechanical, electrical) or 4+ years’ experience in quality engineering, design engineering or product engineering
- Proficient in CATIA V5
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Automotive experience is required
- Knowledge of Strong analytic work methodology and problem solving skills
- Complete and comprehensive benefits package including Med/Dent/Vision
- Employer paid STD/LTD/Life
- 401k Retirement program
- Generous paid vacation/sick/holidays
- Creativity encouraged in a fun, friendly work environment
13 days ago - source