Why this job is awesome:
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and here on the Experiences team, we are putting together the biggest and best selection of things to do to help millions of travelers plan and book their next vacation. We are looking for a dynamic sales professional to join our global supply team, where you will help us grow our selection of things to do by adding more suppliers and products to our portfolio.
TripAdvisor Experiences offers a simple platform that allows tour, activity, and attraction suppliers the opportunity to distribute their products to nearly half a billion online consumers on TripAdvisor, Viator, and our extensive network of partner sites. As an Associate Sales Executive, you will be responsible for selling our distribution platform to high value suppliers in your assigned region. You will make outbound calls to designated prospects, engage in a consultative sales approach, demonstrate our business value, and, ultimately, subscribe new suppliers to the platform. The ideal candidate will have strong sales DNA, and will be results-driven, execution-focused, and customer-oriented.
This role requires excellent sales and communications skills, effective relationship-building talents, and a proven track record of exceeding monthly targets with experience in outside sales, telesales, new customer acquisition and/or business development, preferably with an online or travel company. You must be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment. This is a great opportunity for a motivated candidate with a passion for travel to join a fun team and have immediate impact driving revenue for a fast-growing global company.
What you'll do:
• Manage designated pipeline and make outbound calls
• Facilitate negotiation of terms, including rates and margins, to close new business
• Consultatively position our distribution platform and value proposition
• Engage with prospective customers appropriately to their needs
• Modify customer engagement to overcome objections and identify solutions to roadblocks
• Effectively and professionally represent our brand and our platform
• Achieve and exceed monthly and/or quarterly sales targets
• Collaborate with sales operations, supplier support, and account management teams to ensure a smooth and efficient sales cycle
• Engage with destination marketing organizations and other trade groups to win customers
• Up to 50% travel to meet with assigned targets, plus travel to attend trade events, participate in regional speaking engagements, attend internal team meetings, as needed
What we need from you:
• Experience in sales, preferably with an online company
• Travel industry experience preferred, particularly with tours, activities, or attractions
• Strong phone sales, negotiation, and closing skills
• Proven record of contracting new business and regularly exceeding sales targets
• Territory and pipeline management experience using Salesforce or another CRM tool
• Superb written and oral communication skills in English and the relevant language/s of the territory
• Results-driven hunter mentality with relentless drive to sign up new customers
• Proven self-starter with ability to deliver on initiatives without constant supervision
• Confident and energetic; flexible and adaptable; organized and able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Bachelor’s Degree
2 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.