Job Description Summary
The Associate Product Manager, based in Oxford, is responsible for executing their own product roadmap and driving key initiatives within the Connectivity Team, such as Building APIs and Connectors with 3rd party Systems & partners, for the TripAdvisor Experiences Business Unit. The APM collaborates with Engineers, Analysts, QA and Stakeholders to evolve the platform’s feature set and ensures on-time quality deliverables.
To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements. You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal and external research. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment, working in several time zones. In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas at TripAdvisor, where you will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor’s growth and success.
Who are we
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by over 456 million travellers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Experiences – is one of the fastest growing parts of the organization. Experiences are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the travel industry on the whole.
Our job is to ensure that we fulfil this demand and, ultimately, help travellers all over the world take amazing holidays, whether they’re booking a tour guide in Sydney, a cooking class in Costa Rica, or a skip the line ticket to visit the Colosseum.
Why This Job is Excellent:
As Associate Product Manager for Tripadvisor, you will be an integral part of shaping the digital future and next big success in the travel industry. Owning the end to end delivery of critical product developments, you'll be allowing this business to accelerate exponentially its amazing business growth.
What you’ll get
You’ll be surrounded and supported by a leading team of digital and technological experts that deliver and evolve at a fast pace, and will help and push you to develop at an equally rapid rate. Working as part of a team of seasoned product managers, you will report to the Connectivity Senior Product Manager and will have frequent and significant exposure to the most senior leadership in the organization. You’ll have the scope to push the boundaries, to test, develop and implement new ideas and opportunities and be well rewarded and recognized for doing so.
You’ll get experience on building strategic partnerships with other key stakeholders (Sales, Supplier support, Operations and other Product functions) to capture business requirements, plan product features and evaluate product performance along key KPIs.
What You'll Do:
Simply put, you'll have a key role in defining and delivering the best scaled and efficient ecosystem for connecting partners to our supply platform, ensuring high-quality content is acquired and maintained, and providing the best traveller experience of real-time content, pricing and availability.
This is a pivotal role working across the organisation, from working with stakeholders to prioritise the business requirements through to interactions with an Agile technical team to achieve product delivery. You'll be motivated by a fast-paced & Agile environment and excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously to test and execute immediate change.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Delivery and QA of the Product roadmap for new connectors and strategic integrations with 3rd party reservation systems.
- Own and develop business cases related to our Connectivity platform, including evaluation and recommendation of options.
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders and create valuable relationship.
- Project manage the delivery & implementation of your products, managing your assigned dev resources and tracking the effectiveness and success of the final deliverables.
What We Need from You:
- 1+ years of experience of working in a product related role (or business analyst) within Internet/e-commerce is required while Connectivity experience constitutes a plus.
- Passion for online e-commerce and digital technology, along with a hunger to develop disruptive experiences in this area.
- Operating in a fast-paced development environment and dealing with multiple releases monthly.
- Experience in working with Technology teams to develop products, providing clear product direction, background and user stories.
- Must be a great team player that works well in collaborative situations, with a global team, across multiple time zones
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with overseas teams, as necessary
- Regular travel (once a quarter).
- Prior experience with Agile methodology a strong benefit but not essential.